Chapter 11: Wake-up call

Hey lovelies! So in case you guys don't know or haven't noticed, Ashley is no longer writing! I'm Jackie and I would be replacing her. The last chapter was actually written by me, but it was all Ashley's idea so please please please please, stop calling me Ashley :) x

Jackie xx

--

(...) "Will you scream with me?" 

Zac smiled at me and the both of us let out everything we had. All the frustrations, all the anger, all the disappointments, all the hurt, all the love, all the words unspoken. 

Chapter 11: Wake-up call

     "Thanks, Zac. For everything." I smiled at Zac. The both of us were sitting at the bench outside of the cabin. Since Vicky's car was still parked outside of my home, it was obvious she was staying for the night. Though I was surprised that Autumn hadn't kicked her out by now. 

     "Anytime, Rosie." I nodded before turning around. Just as I was about to reach for the door knob, Zac grabbed my hand. I was about to snap at him, but decided against it when I saw his sad smile. "And remember that if you ever get frustrated, I'm just a dial away. I can bring you to the beach again." 

    I let out a smile and nodded. "Goodnight, Zac." I responded, before heading into the cabin. 

--

     "AHHHHHH!" 

     A piercing scream came from the room opposite of mine and I fell off the bed. Autumn grumbled a few colorful words under her breath before throwing the covers over her head. I checked my watch and it read "6.00am". Why was someone screaming so early in the morning? 

     I quickly got on my feet and quietly opened the door to take a peek. The bathroom door was opened and I spotted Vicky sitting on the sink. Really? 

     I muttered "stupid girl" under my breath before heading over to check what was the situation. Relief washed over her face when she caught sight of me. "Rosie, help. There's a cockroach on the ground, could you kill it?" Before I could respond, Heath stumbled into the bathroom with a sleepy look on his face. 

     "I heard someone scream and-" his sentence was cut off when he saw me at the bathroom entrance. His eyes widened before taking a brief step back. "Rosie." 

     "Heath." I nodded. 

     "Morning." 

     "Morning." 

     "Can one of you please kill the freaking bug? It's going to climb on the sink!" Vicky continued to shriek. Before I could ask her to lower her voice, Autumn stormed into the room. Too late. 

     "Can someone please shut this freaking girl up?! It's six in the morning and school doesn't start till eight! And what are you doing wearing only a bra and some shorts? It's not your freaking house, at least wear Heath's shirt or something!" Autumn paused to pick up the cockroach and walked closer to Vicky, who squirmed alot when Autumn brought the cockroach near to her face. "Is this what you're afraid of? Is it?! It's only a bug and it's smaller than you! What the heck is wrong with you, woman?!" 

     Note to self, never scream early in the morning or Autumn would murder you. 

     "I-I'm sorry." Vicky stuttered. I can't say I wasn't impressed with Autumn. I had seen the type of girls like Vicky and those type of girls never apologize to anyone who wasn't popular enough. I secretly wished that I brought a recorder with me too. 

     From the corner of my eyes, I saw Heath smirking and trying to control his laughter. What was so funny? He blinked a few times before turning his attention back to Autumn and Vicky. 

     "Okay, Autumn. Put the cockroach down and let's go back to sleep. There's still an hour before we officially need to wake up." Autumn nodded but her eyes never stopped glaring at Vicky. She threw the cockroach at her hair before the both of us left a screaming Vicky in the bathroom. 

    --

     "What? Seriously?" Zac laughed when Terrance and I told him what happened this morning with Vicky and Autumn. Zac had been officially introduced to Terrance and Autumn and I was glad the both of them instantly treated him like a close friend. 

     "She was screaming the place down! How could I not get mad?" Autumn defended. I chuckled and took a bite from my sandwich. Heath didn't join us for lunch. Instead, he sat with Vicky and her so-called friends. Honestly, it bothered me a bit seeing him laughing and smiling. Why didn't he laughed and smiled when he was hanging out with me? 

     I turned my attention back to my friends and decided to be included in their conversation. Autumn was busy chewing on her food while the boys were chatting up about Halloween. Apprently the witch was going to have a halloween party at her house. And it was an invitation-only party. According to Zac, she has them like every year. The only reason why people went was because she lived in a manor with a pool and apparently it had alchohol involved. 

     "Well, I know what I'm doing for Halloween. Watching movies with my old pal, Rosie." Terrance wrapped an arm around my shoulder and bumped his head against mine. 

     "And then there's me surfing the internet." Autumn said with food in her mouth. 

     "Don't you guys celebrate Halloween at all?" Zac had a confused expression on his face. "Everyone in school does!" 

     "Well, we never really had time..." It was true. Half of the time we were looking out for Heath in case someone attacks him. 

     "Well that sucks!" Zac smiled at me and let out a laugh. "You guys can come over to my house to celebrate with my family! My sister would enjoy your company, Rosie." 

     "How old is she?" I asked. 

     "Oh! She's nine." Nine years old. I was nine when I met Heath...and back then I was his only friend. I looked over at his table again and saw him let out his beautiful smile. Now he had a girlfriend, popularity and a new life. 

     A new life. He was no longer Heath the royal king. Now he looked like any other teenager, having the time of their life. Having fun. He could run away from the responsibility, from the enemy's attacks, the threats, his old life, me. He could just forget me. 

     Why didn't I see it in the first place? Was that why he didn't want anything to do with us anymore? He wanted a new life? That was it? Could I move on too? 

     "Rosie?" 

     "Hmm?" 

     "Do you guys want to come over? This Friday?" I looked at Terrance's pleading face and Autumn's raised eyebrow. 

     "Sure, it wouldn't hurt, right?" 

~~

PREVIEW OF CHAPTER 12:

"He's not breathing! What happened to him, Vicky?" I shouted at her. By the time I arrived Vicky's mansion, ten minutes had gone by. Ten minutes couldn't change Heath's fate, could it? 

"I don't know! Is he going to be alright?" Vicky was panicking. She wasn't helping the situation at all. Zac stood beside me, looking more scared than I was. 

I leaned down to Heath's ear and whispered, "Heath, breathe for me? Please?"