Chapter 10: Heath's New Reality

Hey guys, thanks for not giving up on this story because I hadn't upload in such a long time! I sincerely apologize for my absence. My friend Jason had been asking me to go to a camp, and I had lots of homework too. So...yeah I was away from Wattpad for almost a month. And for those that are wondering why Heath is being a jerk, well in the story he's supposed to be anti-social. And remember that Rosie is kinda like his only friend. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 10: Heath's New Reality

I opened my eyes and let out a sigh. 

"What did you wish for?" Heath raised an eyebrow at me and scooted over closer to me. Usually we would ask each other about each other's wishes and we would tell each other about it. But this was different, it was something I couldn't ever tell Heath. Ever. 

"Oh the usual. A good day, a good time, a good life." I lied. Heath narrowed his eyes at me, and I sighed. I was never the professional liar and Heath could sense my lies in less than a second. I thought he was going to force the truth out of me, but surprisingly he just shrugged and produced a small slice of pie from the basket and placed it in front of me. Maybe the reason he was being...less the jerk himself was because it was my birthday. 

~Fleur's POV~

"Will, I need to know if my daughter is safe! Don't ask me to calm down!" It has been weeks since my daughter and Heath ran away. My daughter was a good girl, she would never do that. She would never run away. I bet Heath forced her into that idea. 

I sighed in frustration at the same time Will placed a hand on my shoulder. We were in my garden, where I usually planted my flowers and vegetables. It was the place I felt calm the most. "The guards couldn't even locate them..." 

"Flower, if I were Heath. And you're my best friend and you have a crush on me. I think Heath ran away when he found out he needed to get marry to some stranger. Won't you run away with me without reluctance?" Sometimes I think Will has two personalities. The serious and rational Will and the crazy playful Will. 

Sighing again, I nodded and turned to face Will, my eyes moist. "I miss her..." 

"I know, but she's sixteen. She can take care of herself." 

"It's her birthday, Will..." 

"I know, Flower, I know..." 

~Heath~

The both of us laid on the ground, staring up at the blue sky that was filled with white fluffy clouds. The sun was shining and there was a cool breeze. Basically, it was a nice day. I turned to look at the birthday girl and found her eyes close and she was smiling. What was her wish? I knew she was lying just now but I decided not to pry. She was officially sixteen today and I didn't want to spoil her sweet sixteen moment by being my usual jerky self. 

Really, I knew I was a jerk. I know my own attitude, but sometimes it was really hard to control. Especially if it involves Rosie. If there's a chance for her to get hurt, I just go real moody. 

I slowly turned to my side and observed Rosie. The first time I met her, she was only seven. Her hair was brown and she used to wore these desses that reaches her knee. She was the smartest girl in school, both in middle school and high school. Now, it's like I was seeing her for the first time again. Her hair was ebony black with little brown highlights, the white dress that she wore made her look angelic and innocent. 

She looked different. In a good way. 

Heat rose at my neck and cheeks as I stared at her longer. I've seen enough movies to know what it meant. But she was my best friend. Could best friends really fall for each other? 

I gulped. 

"Heath, there's a butterfly!" Rosie muttered. Her eyes were still closed and her smile was still on her face. Was she sleep-talking? I tried to remember when did she say that to me before. It had to be at the outdoors if Rosie seen a butterfly. It couldn't be the palace garden, the gardeners had special places for the butterflies to be. 

The meadow. 

I shouted at her too... Guilt rose in me and I felt something stuck in my throat. I wished I could take that back...

"It's a bee, Rosie..." I said softly. 

"Come play with me, Heath...I'm bored." 

I checked my watch and realized it was two in the afternoon. Rosie would need to eat lunch soon, and there were no longer any food in the basket. I got up and brushed off all the grass from my pants. Rosie was still sleeping...I didn't want to wake her up. 

I slowly hook my arms under her and made as little movement as possible as I carried her and walked away from the meadow. 

"I think I fell for you, Rosie..." I whispered to a sleeping Rosie, who had no clue...

~Rosie~

I wish you like me too...