Chapter 10: Get away

So before I post this chapter, I just wanna say that Ashley has stop writing and instructed me to replace her. I'm Jackie, her best friend. If Ash trusted me to finish her work, I think I'm good enough so sit back and enjoy the rollercoaster that is life! :) x

Jackie xx

--

(...) I rolled my eyes at them and after putting in my combination, it opened and a gasp escaped my lips. My locker was filled with roses! I counted them all and there were twelve of them in total. 

To my beautiful Rose. Love, your Prince H.

Chapter 10: Get Away

     A smile was plastered on my face for the whole day. I just couldn't stop grinning and everyone kept asking me who was 'Prince H'. Obviously, I was the only one who knew the mystery sender. But something was off. Matt, the boyfriend of Vicky, had been gloomy the whole day. 

     I sat beside him at homeroom and he didn't even look up. All he did was stared at Vicky as she laughed with her cheerleaders. He kept sighing and looked down the whole time. It was so weird! And of course, I realized I haven't seen Heath around either. Besides the roses from my locker, there was no sign of Heath in school anywhere. He skipped homeroom too! 

     I wondered where he could be...

     "Earth to Rosie? Best friend calling you, here!" Terrance waved his hand in front of my face. I snapped back into reality and looked at him. I gave him a sheepish look and he just shook his head in disaproval. It was lunch time and I was surprised my thoughts could wander off at such a noisy place.

      "Sorry, Terrance. What were you saying?" 

     "I was asking you if you have heard the lastest...news." He looked away from my face and onto his lunch. 

     "You don't know?"

     "Know what?"

     Before Terrance had the chance to respond, in walked Vicky and...Heath...holding hands. My eyeballs could have dropped into my soup. Why was Heath holding Vicky's hand?! I kept on my poker face and stared at Heath's grinning face towards Vicky. Who knew she would actually succeed on getting Heath...

      He looked at my direction for a second and frowned before turning his attention back to Vicky. Someone accross the room shouted, "Heath and Vicky hooked up?! That was fast!" It explained why Matt was so gloomy this morning. He was dumped. 

      My head was spinning. My chest hurts like hell. It was so unreal. Those five words were so unreal. It couldn't be real...

     "HEATH AND VICKY HOOKED UP?!" Autumn screamed, causing the whole cafeteria to face her. Obviously it was an opportunity for the guys who fancied her to stare at her. She was gorgeous, after all. I dragged my eyes away from Heath and focused my thoughts on food. It wasn't hard to put on a 'whatever, I don't care!' expression. But...my heart was aching horribly. 

     ~~~

     I skipped dinner that night. I had no appetite to eat at all. 

     I checked facebook and my homepage was filled with "Congrats, Heath! You got the hottest girl in school!" and "OMG Vicky you are sho lucky!" It was making me sick. 

     If Heath was planning to hook up with Vicky in the first place, why did he even want to send those roses to me? It didn't make sense at all. But I didn't care at the moment, I wanted to get out. Get out of this place. I wanted to be far away from Heath as possible. 

     And I knew the exact person to find.

     I logged in to my Twitter account and tweeted: "@zaccccc Please call me."

     Almost in a second, my phone started to ring and I answered it. "What's wrong, Rosie?" 

     "I need someone to talk to." My voice cracked, it was the first time I've spoken in a whole day. Before I knew it, I was crying and the sobs grew louder. "I think I could trust you?" 

     "...I'll be there in five. We'll go out." 

     "Thanks, Zac. Bye..." 

     "Bye, Rosie..." and the phone clicked. 

     I didn't bother to change my sweats and baggy shirt. Instead, I just threw on my jacket and grabbed my phone from my bed. Autumn saw me and nodded with a smile when I mouthed "Zac." 

     Heath was in the living room with Vicky, watching a movie. I didn't even want to know if they heard me going out the door or not. Just at the moment I stepped out of the door, Zac's car came into view and he had a worried expression on. 

     I got in and instantly let the tears flow all over again. "Take me anywhere, just not here." Zac didn't need to be told twice. 

     ~~

     He brought me to the beach.. 

     At night the beach looked beautiful. The stars were shining and I could hear the waves splashing against the sand. My sandals were covered with sand, but I didn't care. 

     "Thought the sound of the sea might help." Zac sat down beside me on the sand. 

     I sighed. "Obviously you know something by now?" I looked at him with tired eyes. He fixed his eyes on the stars and exhaled deeply. 

     "My guess is that you four aren't related. And Sparks isn't your real last name. And I have a huge feeling Heath isn't your twin brother and you fell for him." Wow, he was smart. A tear managed to escape my right eye and I quickly shut my eyes tight. 

     "You know what I do when a girl rejects me or when my crush dates someone else?" Zac asked me. 

     "No...what?" 

     "I come here and scream. No one comes here at night so I'm free to shout at the sea." 

     "But they didn't do anything wrong. The sea, I meant."

     "No, but they're strong enough to listen to you. God made them for a purpose, you know?" I smiled. I had a feeling Zac was going to be a great friend. 

     "Will you scream with me?" 

     Zac smiled at me and the both of us let out everything we had. All the frustrations, all the anger, all the disappointments, all the hurt, all the love, all the words unspoken. 

~~

PREVIEW OF CHAPTER 11:

"Don't you guys celebrate Halloween?" 

"Well, we never really had the time..." 

Zac smiled at me and laughed. "You, Autumn and Terrance and come over to my place. All of us can celebrate it with my family!"