Chapter 16: Apologize

Haha someone PM me asking if Rosie would end up with Max, well the answer is I don't know because I'm not Rosie and I don't know who she will choose to be with in the end :) And yeap, Max could be the one who she ends up with too even though he's not really the main character of the story. :D Keep in mind that my stories always have a twist in them! By the way, I'm using Jeremy Sumpter again as Max cuz Max is supposed to look more like his dad :) 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Chapter 16: Apologize

*Rosie*

The room had pastel colors and light colored furniture all around. Livette seemed like she had gotten used to the room and seem to know where every thing was. As she took a quick glance at my bruise again and led me to the bathroom, she placed a towel under warm water and cleaned my face. 

When the warm towel made contact with my bruise, I winced, making Livette apologized. I shook my head, and bit my tongue. I shouldn't have winced, it wasn't Livette's fault that there was bruise on my cheek now. I sighed and closed my eyes as Livette slowly removed the make-up from my face and let my hair loose. My black hair fell on my shoulders and reached all the way to my waist. It was long, but I never plan to cut it. 

"Let's get you clean up, Rosie." I stripped myself and let Livette wash me. I looked at myself in the mirror, my eyes were empty and the cheery smile was no longer there. My birthday meadow surprise was just a few days ago, I was happy back then, how could I become so empty right now? It felt like that happened months ago. 

"Wear this." Livette smiled at me and helped me put on a white dress that reached my mid-thigh. She combed my hair slowly and let it flow down to my waist, not bothering to decorate it or tie it in any fancy hair-do. I didn't mind either, I liked my hair down too. There wasn't make-up on my face, and Livette just stand there and looked at my face. "Rosie, have you ever heard of natural beauty? I don't think you need make-up." She told me. I looked at her surprised. 

"Really?" I always thought that I needed them. I wasn't really the prettiest girl in school anyways. 

"Your hair will hide the bruise. And yes, you're one of the very few girls I know who don't need make-up. Just like your mom, huh?" I blushed, my mom never wore make-up except to dinners and parties. She always looked beautiful with or without them! Maybe I really did took after her. 

"Let's get you home." She smiled warmly at me and placed the comb on the dresser. I stood up, looking at myself one more time in the mirror before leaving the room with Livette. 

Downstairs at the ballroom, many guests were still dancing, still drinking, still laughing like nothing had happened. I scanned all the people and Heath was nowhere to be found. Strange, Max wasn't there either. Just as I thought that, Max showed up in front of me, smiling. The bruise on his cheek were no longer there. Strange, I thought. 

"Max, could you take Rosie home? She would need an escort." I frowned, I knew Livette didn't like the way Heath acted, but that wasn't an excuse for her to say it like that. I had been friends with Heath for a very long time, I could handle myself! With a hmph, I rolled my eyes and started walking away towards the entrance of the ballroom. 

Without looking back, I exited the ballroom with an angry expression fixed on my face. The guards recognized me and took a step back when they saw my moody look. Slamming the doors close hard, I started to walk home. Eric and Clara were probably still in there, but I didn't want to interrupt their fun. Surprisingly, I found a familiar person leaning against the pillar of building. He didn't even realize I was looking at him as he looked at the moon. Sighing, he ran a hand through his hand and sighed something that made me smiled. "Rosie..." 

"Heath?" He jumped at the sound of my voice and quickly looked away when he saw me. 

"I'm sorry I punched you, Rosie..I didn't mean it." I smiled and linked arms with him. 

"You're my best friend, Heath. I wouldn't hate you for that. Plus my hair could hide the bruising." I showed him. He didn't look convinced, so he brush a hand over my cheek to check on it. 

"I still shouldn't have hit you." He frowned and looked on the ground, his eyes refusing to meet mine. 

"It's alright, Heath. I forgive you." I kissed him on the cheek, catching him by surprise. He looked at me and instead of scowling, he smiled and placed an arm around my shoulders. 

After thousands of apologies, the both of us walked home under the stars and the moonlight. He started humming a familiar song that I recognized. It was Baby Blue Eyes by A Rocket To The Moon. I had that song in my iPod, I always listened to it back at Mabel's. It was the one song that I never got tired of listening. 

He turned to me and smiled. 

"Baby, baby blue eyes. Stay with me by my side. Till the morning, through the night." He pulled me closer to him, making me grinned wider. I couldn't believe this was happening! 

Oh baby, stand here holding my sides. Close your baby blue eyes. Every moment feels right, and I may feel like a fool, But I'm the only one dancing with you..." He stopped singing and the both of us stopped walking, looking into each other's blue eyes. 

"I love your blue eyes." I told him. 

"I love your blue eyes." He responded with a laugh. It was another Heath that I've never seen before. The care-free Heath. 

"I like you, Rosie. Only you."