Chapter 12: Halloween Horror

Hey guys, the story might be ending soon. MAYBE. But have no fear, Ashley has a new story in mind and she's gonna share it with me this afternoon! 

Jackie xx

--

(...) "Do you guys want to come over? This Friday?" I looked at Terrance's pleading face and Autumn's raised eyebrow. 

     "Sure, it wouldn't hurt, right?" 

Chapter 12: Halloween Horror

      "Why aren't you adorable? Come in, come in!" Mrs Pearce answered the door and quickly invited me in. I had followed the address and map that Zac drew for me and I seriously hope this wasn't the  wrong house. 

     "Hemi! Zac! Get down here and greet our guest!" Mrs Pearce called out to her husband and Zac. I heard footsteps from the stairs and Zac appeared. His hair was wet and he looked like he just came out from the bathroom from showering and threw on some random clothes he found. Mr Pearce looked at me with a smile. 

     "Sileen, you didn't tell me you invited a guest for Halloween!" He wrapped an arm around his wife's waist and gave a tiny peck on her cheek. 

     "Zac invited her. Zac, don't just stand there, talk to her!" Mrs Pearce gave a slight push at Zac's shoulder. He gave his parents a flat look before leading me to the backyard. 

     "Sorry about my parents, they were pretty excited that someone was visiting so...yeah." Zac brushed a hand through his brown hair, making him looked kinda cute. A high-pitched squeal sounded behind us and the both of us turned our heads. A little girl, wearing a fairy princess outfit was standing there. Her blonde curls made her look extremely cute as she did a twirl and walked towards the both of us. 

     "Hi Rosie!" I was surprised she knew my name. "Zac talks a lot about you! Are you his girlfriend?" 

     "Haha no, I'm just his friend." Zac gave me a sheepish look when I gave him a questioning look. "Going candy hunting?" 

     "Yeap!" She squealed again before running to Mrs Pearce and then the both of them left the house. After hearing the front door clicked shut, I sat back down on the bench at the backyard next to Zac. He was looking at the stars in the sky. 

     "Why didn't Autumn and Terrance come too?" He asked, not looking at me. 

     Autumn was going to Vicky's halloween party to look out for Heath. Since I wasn't going, someone had to go. Autumn volunteered to look out and Terrance was going to go food shopping because Autumn and I kept on finishing up our food supplies back home. "Terrance went shopping with a friend and Autumn....was forced to drive Heath to the party so she went with him." 

     Zac nodded slowly. 

     "You know I like you, right?" Zac asked. 

     I looked at him with wide eyes. Why must he mention it? "But you know I like someone else." 

     "Yes. I'm actually whether If I like you that way or not anymore. I'm more protective of you now, like you're my little sister." I looked at him again. If he loved me as a little sister, everything would be much more better. 

     "I think of you as a best friend or an older brother." I said, honestly. Ever since the night he brought me to the beach and helped me get through my pain, he was officially my best friend and brother. Nothing would change that. Ever. 

     "Are you hungry?" 

     "Are you really asking me that? I'm always hungry!" I quickly stood up and jumped a few times when Zac took out his phone to order some pizzas. 

     As Zac was ordering our food, my phone buzzed in my pocket. I decided to ignore it since I didn't want to ruin my time with Zac. But it kept vibrating non-stop and I had a bad feeling that something bad happened. 

     "Where's the bathroom?" Zac pointed accross the hall and I quickly went into the bathroom and checked my phone messages. 

     Something's wrong with Heath. He vommited a few times in the pool. Come get him. - Autumn

     Where are you, Rosie? He won't stop vommiting! - Autumn

     Help. - Heath

    That was all it took for me to start panicking. I quickly got out from the bathroom and grabbed Zac by the arm. "Zac, something happened to Heath. Please drive me to Vicky's place?" I begged him. He saw the urgency in my eyes and nodded without hesitation. 

     In the car, I showed Zac the text messages and that made him drove faster than the speed limit. Lucky for us there wasn't much cops around the neighbourhood. As Zac pulled up against the manor, I cursed under my breath when I realized there were lots of stairs before I could even reach the entrance. 

     "Zac, tonight you might find out things that you aren't supposed to know. But please stay quiet for me, alright?" He nodded. I sighed and relaxed myself a few times before taking out my belt. My belt wasn't just an ordinary belt. It was some kind of gadget. The first item that the agency had gifted me with.  

     I pressed a button at the end of the belt and it staightened itself into a pole. Taking a few steps back, I ran without stopping and used the pole to pushed myself up into the air and landed onto the highest step of the stairs. Like a high jump, I thought. 

     Autumn said he vommited into the pool...he must be near the pool then. 

     ~~

     When I finally found Heath, all the colors of my face was drained. He was on the ground, not breathing at all. There was no movement at all. He looked pale and he was shirtless. Vicky was standing beside his body, tears falling down her face as she freaked out and panicked. Everyone was staring, oh God. 

      "He's not breathing! What happened to him, Vicky?" I shouted at her. By the time I arrived Vicky's manor, ten minutes had gone by. Ten minutes couldn't change Heath's fate, could it? 

     "I don't know! Is he going to be alright?" Vicky was panicking. She wasn't helping the situation at all. Zac stood beside me, looking more scared than I was. 

     I leaned down to Heath's ear and whispered, "Heath, breathe for me? Please?" I still love him, I really did. After telling everyone to stay clear a bit so there would be enough room for oxygen, I performed CPR on him. 

     Heath coughed out some foam and I quickly roll him to his side so he could cough out every of that foam. I surreptitiously glanced at Autumn and signalled her to get some samples of the foam so we could study it later. 

     "Party's over!" A familiar voice shouted. I turned around and saw those familiar blonde hair, those familiar blue eyes and that smile. She glared at Vicky who just looked intimidated. "And step away from my best friend's boyfriend, witch." 

     Tasha Mae. 

     Back from the dead. 

     This was like some halloween horror movie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PREVIEW OF CHAPTER 13: 

"You guys are WHAT?" Vicky and Zac shouted at the same time. 

Heath and I looked at each other and knew that we had a lot of explaining to do, while Tasha laughed beside me.