Chapter 17: Unexpected Recruiting

So in case you guys didn't realize, I changed the categories of this story from Romance/Teen Fiction to Romance/Adventure. Which means, more twists in the story! And you guys love me for that :) Haha! By the way, if you're super smart, you'll understand what I'm planning just by reading this chapter! Or super lucky to guess what's gonna happen to Rosie and Heath. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 17: Unexpected Recruiting

*Rosie*

I instantly woke up when Clara jumped on my bed. My eyes snapped open and my first instinct was punching whoever it was. When Clara fell off the bed clutching onto her stomach, groaning, I gasped and quickly rushed to her side. "Clara? Are you alright?" 

"You just freaking punched me in the gut! Am I okay?!" I gave her a sheepish look and helped her up. Luckily my punches weren't very hard, so Clara didn't suffer much problems besides a slight pain. 

"So you woke me up. Obviously you wanted to tell me something." I narrowed my eyes at her. She stopped groaning and went all hyper again when she remembered what she wanted to say to me. Without saying a thing, she nodded at a sleeping Heath, then waggled her eyebrows. Oh...so she found out. 

"Clara, we aren't together. Besides, I didn't confess my part." She looked at me incredulously. Slapping me hard on the head, she rolled her eyes. "By the way, Eric and I are going to have an act in ten minutes. So if you don't mind, could you please go to the bakery to get some nice pastries? It's Bread Day in our household so that means, only food made out of flour." Was there such things? I smiled anyways and nodded okay. She looked satisfied and bounced out of the room, leaving me still sleepy and barely awake. 

I went to my bags on the ground that I brought when Heath and I ran away, and dug out my jeans and a blue Cookie Monster shirt. After washing up, putting the clothes on and combing my hair and leaving a note for Heath, I grabbed some money and left the building. The streets were filled with people and laughter. Out of nowhere, a note fell right in front of me and landed right on the ground. There were some writing on it, so I picked it up and read it. 

For Rosie. Meet boss at Southern Street's Orange Cafe. 

Southern Street's Orange Cafe? That was right next to the bakery I was supposed to go. And who's this boss? Boss of what? What did he or she wanted from me? How did they know my name? I stuffed the note into my back pocket and decided to check it out anyways, maybe it was important. It shouldn't be so secretive if it wasn't important. 

~~

Looking at all the guests in the cafe, I couldn't even tell if any of them were a boss. There was a man looking at a newspaper in one corner while his laptop was on. There was another two women who were gossiping to each other in a very secretive manner. And lastly there was a female with red hair sitting at a corner. She was wearing a pretty yellow dress. She had the most innocent face of all time, she couldn't be a boss of anything. 

When her eyes landed on me, her smile turned to a flat smile. "Rosie?" Her voice was melodic but serious at the same time. I grew more confused right then. "Are you Rosie, daughter of Will Cross?" She narrowed her eyes at me. I quickly nodded and took a seat in front of her. She smiled after I sat down and took out a photo from her purse and handed it to me. 

I looked at it and gasped when I saw it was a picture of Heath and I years ago when we just met. How did she-?

"How did I get the picture, miss Cross?" I nodded. 

"Before I answer your question, I want to ask you a few questions. Are you good at fighting, Rosie?" I thought of it for awhile. I didn't know any moves currently, but I was a quick learner. Plus my parents were good at fighting when they were younger. So it would be easy for me to learn. I told her that and she nodded, smiling. Good sign, 'cause this girl somehow intimidates me even though she looked sweet like a flower. 

"Alright, does the prince trust you with his life?" why was she asking me these questions? Ignoring my fear, I nodded anyways. She let out a smile and said, "Alright, whatever I am about to tell you right now is highly confidential and I could just execute you if you shall speak of this to anyone. I'm agent Spark, from a secret spy agency called Royal Defences. RD for short. We protect royals only." 

"Wait wait, you're expecting me to believe that you, a sweet-looking girl, are a spy?" Was she kidding me? 

"Do I look like I'm kidding, Rosie Cross?" She asked calmly. I gulped and shook my head. "Very well, let me continue. As I was saying, we protect royals only. And we're recruiting you, Rosie, to be one of us to protect Heath. We know someone who would be dying to steal that little crown of his." 

"If I join, Heath would be safe?" She nodded without saying anything. "Alright, fine. When will I start my...assignment?" 

"After Heath's wedding. We need to protect his future wife too." Huh? Heath's wedding? 

"Am I supposed to bring the both of us back to Mabel's? And see him get married?" No...no, he can't marry another girl. But...I have to protect him. Was his safety more important than my happiness?...Yes, it was. 

"This is important, Rosie. Please make the right choice. If you're choosing his safety to be first, then disappear right after the wedding. We'll train you for three months before bringing you back to the field." Without another word, she stood up, and walked away, leaving a card on the table for me. I picked it up and placed it in my pocket before walking back home, totally forgetting about my trip to the bakery. 

*Heath*

I quickly bolted down the stairs when I heard the door opening and closing. Rosie must be back from the bakery! When I reached the bottom of the stairs, I saw her. But instead of the usual smiling, she had a serious look on her face. 

"Heath, let's go home." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah, A BIG TWIST! x)