Chapter 8 ~ What's Going On?

I had about thirty missed calls and dozens of messages from both Angelic and Gabriel. I hadn't noticed until I woke up from my long nap. Let me tell you what happened before I became conscious of what I did earlier.

I had locked myself in my parent's minibar that was located next to the kitchen, in between their office and library. I had put my phone on vibrate and drank the whole morning away as if nothing happened. I was throwing up at one point to where I threw up in the fish bowl…Don't worry, I relocated the fish. At school on the other hand, everyone was freaking out while I was enjoying my own misery.

Angelic didn't know what to do, it wasn't even nutrition when she walked up to Xavier, Bob, Brandon, Josh and Ray. They all looked at her quite inquisitive as she was trying hard not to cry. Josh noticed that she wasn't well so he pulled out a chair and let her sit down.

"Hey, what's wrong? Where's Ebony?" Josh asked.

"I came to ask you guys that." She sniffed.

"I haven't seen her." Josh said. "What's wrong?" Angie bursted into tears and covered her face. They all looked at her stunned. Josh on the other hand hugged her soothingly.

"Where's Gabe?" he asked.

"He went out to look for her. She hasn't answered none of our texts or calls."

"She should be at the hospital, didn't Erix get in a car accident last night?" Bob said.

"That's the thing. She's not there. I called her parents and ignorant as they are, they told me they hadn't seen her so I called up my aunt who works there and she hasn't seen Ebony. At all." Xavier looked at her...worried. 

"Ebony is missing?" Xavier asked, worry lacing his voice. Angie rolled her eyes.

"Have you not been listening to what I was saying!" Angie yelled. "She's gone!"

"Where was the last place that you had heard from her?" Ray asked.

"She called me last night, telling me about Erix and then she just hung up before I was able to ask her if she was okay." Angie took a deep breath.

"Where's your inhaler?" Josh asked.

"I'm fine and it’s at home." Xavier stood up from where he sat and started walking towards the front of the school.

"Yo Xavier, where are you going?" Ray got up. Xavier turned around with his car keys in his hands.

"I'm not sitting around here knowing that Erix is at the hospital and Ebony is missing. For all we know, she could be in Mexico."

"Mexico? Are you serious?" Brandon frowned. “Why not Africa?” Everyone glared at him. 

"Hey! Anything could happen. Are you guys going to help Gabe and Angie or are you guys going to continue sitting around like a bunch of pigs?"

"I'll go Downtown, she likes getting mochi from this Japanese restaurant." Josh said.

"I'm going to the hospital to see if Erix is alright and make sure her parents don't know about her disappearance." Ray said.

"They wouldn't care." Angie pointed out.

"I'm going with Josh." Bob said.

"I'm getting Tomas. We're going to roam around the area to see if we spot her and take a stroll around the park. She could be sleeping out there." Brandon added.

"Thank you." Angie looked at Xavier. He nodded and ran off with the rest of the guys going their own ways. The first thing that came to Xavier's mind to go look for me was at my own home.