C h a p t e r ; 3

-
"Mom" I heard one of my boys call for me. "Yes?" I reply wiping the table with a cloth. "So garroth is going to school with me?" He asked a bit shocked of the news I told him. I giggle. "Yes he is" I told him putting the cloth away. "I didn't think he would after 5 years you know" he said. "Yeah I was shocked too but Maybe he wants to continue his passion for his father" I say sitting down on the kitchen chair. "Maybe it's been so long since I've seen him" he said resting his head on this palms. It's true. Both my boys haven't seen him since he was discharged from the hospital. He's always been in his room never came out. He waited until no one was insight to get something to eat or wanted to go to the restroom. It's sad. I don't know how he lived like this for 5 years. "Yes,but now you can help your brother and talk to him" I responded smiling. "Talking to big brother seems to good to be true now" he said, his green eyes met mine. "I want big brother to be happy again" he told me, his voice cracking a bit. My lips turn into a frown when he said that. "I want him to be happy too vylad" I say.

-

"Have a good day at school!" My mother signed to me I nodded and followed vylad. It was a very awkward but soon we made it too the school. It was large and had many kids. We came here a bit early since vylad wanted to show me the way to my classes before hand. I'm nervous kids will make fun of me. How was I supposed to learn if I cant hear the teacher. This is going to be troubling. I saw a tall male come towards us. I saw vylad greet the mysterious man so I'm guessing he's a friend of his. I continue to watch until he greeted me too and began to speak to me. He knew sign language.

"Hello" he signed to me. I was shocked. "Hello" I respond back. "Garroth he's going to be in all your classes to help you till you graduate" vylad signed. I nodded and see him walking a bit, he turned back to say goodbye. "I never knew vylad had an older brother" He signed to me. "No one would even if he brought friends home, no one would know of my presence" I say back. "Well now this year They can know you seem like a good person" he signed. His words shocked me. "Thank you" I sign and we walked towards our first period.

-

Laurances Pov

We were 15 minutes into class when suddenly the teacher called on garroth.

"Garroth do you mind reading us The first few pages of our book?" He asked him garroth sat there looking at the teacher. Awkward silence filed the room. "Sir Garroth is deaf sadly" I say. "Well that's terrible" he responded. "I'll read for him" I Said. He nodded and I began to read.

-

"Well glad that day is over" I said to myself realizing garroth didn't hear a single thing I said. I looked over to him. His golden locks swayed in all directions as the wind began to pick up. He continued to stare at teens. Smiling laughing, probably wishing he could hear like the rest of them. Soon his Blue eyes met mine. "Come on garroth I'll take you home vylad has practice today" i signed to him, nodded as he signed back his address to me. The whole walk was in silence of course until we made it to his house. I knocked on the door and I'm guessing his mom was at the door.

"Oh hello there" she greeted me with a smile. "Hello there I brought garroth home on behalf of Vylad he has practice today" I say returning a smile. "Oh thank you!" She said joyfully. "Oh! if I may ask what's your name?" She asked me. "My name is Laurance Zvahl, you might be seeming me around Since I'm going to help garroth for his highschool years" I informed her. "I'm glad, Maybe he can be friends with you, it's been a while since I seen him come home with friends.." she said losing her smile. Garroth was already inside by this time it was just me and her. "May I ask why?" I asked. "Well He lost his father 5 years ago he was very fond of him, garroth acted in his fathers movie- he's still an actor but soon will be a director if he still wants too, just like his father" she explained to me. My lips turn into a frown. I can't believe that happened to him. "I hope maybe you can maybe make him happy, Be friends with him, and maybe soon he will find love, just maybe.."she said having hope for her son.

"I hope for the best" I said. We said our goodbyes and I headed my way home.

Garroth...

I hope you can smile for your mother, loved ones , maybe even your future lover.

-