1.7

Twilight

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ** ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Rosalie walked into class, speaking to me. The class watched, all confused, even the teacher seemed speechless. "R-right Miss Swan, you can sit on the table with Miss Hale, Mr Hale and Mr Cullen, who is absent today."

"Follow me," Rosalie said as she guided me to her table. I noticed Jasper was there, causing me to groan in my mind. I didn't want to work with him of all people.

The teacher gave us all worksheets. I was biting my lip as I started working on them. It seemed Jasper had decided to keep up with his habit of staring at me. I was becoming angry once more.

Why did he always stare at me?

What was so special about me? I'll tell you what, nothing.

All of a sudden I felt calm. I went back to the worksheet. I was almost finished, unfortunately, I got stuck on the final question.

"Are you okay?" Rosalie asked me. "I'm just a little confused on the final question. I'm not sure whether the answer is 2.2 or 2.4" I told her. "Well, I got 2.4." She turned to Jasper. "What did you get?"

"2.4" he mumbled, in a slight accent. "Thanks," I said, mainly to Rosalie. Jasper was still annoying, mumbling the answer to his sister was rude.

"Right class, we're going to mark your worksheets. Swap them with someone on your table."

I handed my sheet to Rosalie, who handed hers to Jasper, who handed his to me. I mentally groaned at the thought of marking his work. Maybe I could deface it.

The teacher started writing the answers on the board. I couldn't help admire Jasper's handwriting, it was like writing from the olden days. He had gotten all the questions right. I gave him back the paper, which made him mumble, "thank you".

Rosalie smiled as she gave me my paper. "All right."

"Can I ask you something?" She nodded her head. "Where is Edward?" I asked. "Oh Edward, he had to visit some family in Alaska," she told me, causing me to nod my head. "Why? Do you like him?" she teased.

I ignored Jasper, who seemed to tense at the question. "No, I was just curious. He was really nice to me yesterday," I told her. "We don't normally socialise with other people, but we like you," she replied.

"I like you guys too." I paused as my eyes flickered over to Jasper momentarily. "At least the majority of the ones I've met." She let out a giggle. She must have caught me glancing at Jasper.

"Don't worry, we'll all grow on you soon. Isn't that right, Jasper?" She said. The boy didn't answer her, causing his sister to roll her eyes.

"Thanks, but there's one of you I'd rather stay away from," I said bitterly. The bell went causing me to smile. The expression 'Saved By The Bell' couldn't be more right in this situation.

I was grateful as lunch came around rather quickly. I got my lunch and made my way next to Bella, who was staring at the Cullen's table.

"He's not here." She jumped at the sound of my voice. "He's visiting family," I told her. "How do you know?" she asked me. "I know everything because I am perfect," I said, smiling brightly at her. She rolled her eyes.

"So, Angel, how are you enjoying school so far?" Tyler asked me. "It was great until I met you," I said. "Playing hard to get? I like it." He winked at me. "Tyler, I am not playing anything," I told him. "I am one person you will never get."

He smiled at me as I started eating. I could feel eyes on me, not just Tyler, but more eyes. I was starting to feel self-conscious. "I'm done." I walked away, leaving my food behind.

I couldn't deal with the stares, even as I left I felt their eyes on me. I walked past the Cullen's table only to feel calm. It was weird, I shrugged it off and keep on walking.

My legs took me to the grass, where I sat down. "I swear, this town is so fucked up," I mumbled to myself.

"It's not all bad," Rosalie's voice spoke as she sat down next to me. "What's wrong?"

"It's like everywhere I go I can feel people stare at me. I don't like it. I don't mind the attention, but sometimes it's just too much" I told her.

"They're staring because you're beautiful," she said. "You are the most beautiful girl in the school, it's shocking because you're not a Cullen or Hale. We are a beautiful bunch."

I let out a chuckle at her words. She was saying it like a joke, but it was true. They were beautiful. "You are truly beautiful, all of you." "It runs in the genes," she said, causing me to smile.

"Come on." She stood up, putting her hands out for me. "It's time to get you to class." I take her freezing hands and she pulled me up with ease. I was concerned about her hands, they were too cold.

Something was wrong with her, but what.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ * * ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

05 - 07 - 2020