1.12

Twilight

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ** ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When you're around people who constantly irritate you, you have to find ways to ignore them. I found pretending that they weren't around worked well, until they started asking me questions.

"La Push, baby, you in?" Eric asked Bella. While usually, the boy was annoying, not nearly as annoying as Mike, I was rather happy with what he had said. "La Push? As in the Quileute Rez?" I questioned, my eyes wide with excitement.

"Yeah," Eric said. "We're going to the beach there, wanna join us?" "Yes," I almost yelled. It must have been a sign that it was time to see Paul.

Jessica looked at me confused. She wasn't used to seeing me so happy. "Why are you happy?" "My best friend lives there." I paused. I haven't seen Paul in years, was he still my best friend? "Or should I say my old best friend? We used to be close when we were young."

"Boy or girl?" the nosy girl questioned. "Boy," I replied. "Is he hot?" Her voice was almost a whisper, as she didn't want Mike to hear her talk about other boys. "He's gorgeous," I admitted. Anyone with eyes would tell you that Paul was an extremely good looking boy.

"La Push, baby" Eric spoke in a strange way. "Okay," Bella stopped him. "I'll go if you stop saying it like that."

Jessica smiled falsely at Bella. "Yay, La Push, with Bella and Angel." Jessica was the fakest person I had met in my life, at least so far.

~ * ~

The school day was over. We all made our way to the beach. I was looking forward to going back to the place I had so many memories. Yes, I was hoping to see Paul, though I wouldn't mind seeing his best friend, Jared.

When we arrived, almost all were getting changed. I was with Angela and Bella, the only other two not getting in the water.

"I keep thinking Eric's going to ask me to Prom, though he doesn't," Angela said.

"Why don't you ask him?" I questioned. "I mean, you're a beautiful, strong, independent woman. You can take control." "You really think so?" she asked. I nodded my head, as did Bella. "You are, you can," Bella told her.

"Bella, Angel," Jacob's voice called out.

I turned to the boy, only to see him with two other guys, one being Jared. I couldn't help but smirk slightly at the boy, while he returned it. 

"Guys, this is Jacob," Bella introduced the boy. I frowned as I realised everyone else in our little social group had returned. "Are you stalking me?" Bella joked, causing the boy to roll his eyes. "You're on my turf, remember?" 

My eyes remained on Jared, who was smirking at me. I didn't want to be the first one to break, but unfortunately I couldn't control myself. I wrapped my arms around the boy, causing him to laugh as he hugged me back.

"Told you she'd cave," he said to his friend.

"How are you?" I asked as we broke the hug. "I'm amazing now I've got you," he joked as he winked at me. I shoved him gently making him laugh. He barely moved.

"You can keep Bella company, her date bailed," Jessica said, seeming almost happy with the outcome. I didn't even know Bella had a date or even invited-

Edward.

She must have invited Edward. 

"Edward?" I questioned. Jessica nodded her head. "I think it's nice she invited him. No one ever does," Angela said. This is why she's my favourite, just saying.

"Cullen's a freak," Mike said. "You got that right," Jared's friend agreed. 

Why did everybody hate the Cullens?

"You know them?" Bella questioned. "The Cullens' don't come here," Jared's friend said, causing me to glance at Bella, who done the same thing.

It was time for divide and conquer. "Let's go for a walk." I linked arms with Jared, while Bella went off with Jacob.

"What did your friend mean about the Cullens not coming here?" I asked. He let out a chuckle. "I knew you caught that."

I stared at him, waiting for him to tell me. "I'm not supposed to speak of it," he told me. "You know me, I can keep a secret." I ran my finger down his arm, causing him to smile. "It's a scary story. Apparently, Quileutes are descendants from wolves," he told me. "Really?" I questioned. "Wolves?"

"Yeah. The Cullens' are supposedly descendants of the enemy clan. They claimed to be different, so we made a treaty with them."

"Didn't they just move here not long ago?" I asked. "Or did they just move back?" he countered. I was eager to hear more. "They promised to stay off our lands, and in return we wouldn't expose their true identity. The pale faces," he spoke in a spooky voice.

A loud scream made me jump towards Jared. He smirked down causing me to move back. I was practically in his arms. 

"Do you know what they truly are? What are pale faces?" I asked. "It's just a spooky story," he told me. "Don't think about it too much."

I smile falsely at the boy. "Thanks, baby." He gulped as he looked down at me. I still remember when Paul refused to leave us alone together. As if I'd do anything with his best friend, though it was fun to practice my flirting skills on him. Last time I did that we ended up laughing.

We made our way back to the others. Jacob and Bella were also there. We'd share what we discovered later, when we were away from the even more curious people.

"I didn't know you knew Jared," Jacob said, causing the boy in question to shrug. "We're friends. She went out with Paul Lahote."

Jacob and his unnamed friend, at least I didn't know his name, stared at me in shock.

"You're Angelina Swan?" the friend questioned. I shrugged my shoulders. "I prefer Angel." "I didn't know that you dated him," Jacob mumbled. "Maybe, because you've never asked," I replied, smiling slightly.

Jacob shook his head, before putting all his attention on Bella. He was clearly smitten by the girl, too bad she was smitten by Edward, they would've make a cute couple.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ * * ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

09 - 08 - 2020