1.14

Twilight

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ** ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

We pulled to a stop at the restaurant. "Come on," Edward mumbled.  We got out of the car, only to see Angela and Jessica at the entrance. "Where did you go? We left you a message," Angela started, only for Jessica to interrupt.  "We waited but we were starving."

They noticed Edward, who smiled at them. "I'm sorry I kept the girls from dinner. We ran into each other and started talking."

"Oh no, it's fine. I mean, it happens" Angela said, a smile on her face. "Okay, well we should be leaving," Jessica spoke almost begging us to leave with her. 

"I think I should make sure Bella and Angel get something to eat. I'll drive them home after" he told the girls. "Of course, that's very thoughtful of you," a smiling Angela said.

Jessica stared at me with evil eyes, making me roll my eyes. Of course I'd flirt with Edward when my cousin is smitten. bitch.

They left, leaving me with the soon to be couple. It was obvious they had feelings for each other. We entered the restaurant. "Just to make sure, you're paying right?" I said to Edward, who chuckled. "Yes."

I ordered food, as did Bella, while Edward only ordered a glass of water. It was silent and soon, our food came over.

"You're not eating" Bella pointed out. "I'm on a special diet" he told her. I couldn't help but scoff. "Diet isn't in my vocabulary."

I started eating the food, not caring that Bella was barely touching hers. "How about some answers?" Bella questioned. "Yes, no, to get to the other side and 1.77245-" I cut him off with a scoff. "She didn't ask for the square root of pi." "You knew that?" he asked shocked.

"How did you know where we were?" Bella asked. "I didn't" he lied. Bella stood up and started to leave. Edward grabbed her arm. "Don't go." "Were you following us?" she asked as she sat back down.

I continued eating my food as I watched him. "I feel very protective of you." He looked at me. "Of both of you. I followed you. I tried to keep my distance until you needed help."

"You said you knew what they were thinking. Can you read minds?" Bella asked. "Yes" he replied making my eyes go wide. He could read my mind? Fuck

"So you can read my mind, our minds?" Bella asked. "I can read every mind in here, expect yours. I can't always read Angel's mind, only sometimes," he told us.

My eyes widened. "Hold up. So when I've been thinking about how your brother's a jerk and you chuckled. Oh my god."

"What's wrong with us?" Bella asked. Edward looked at her weird, while I rolled my eyes. "I tell you I read minds and you think there's something wrong with you," he said, chuckling.

I shook my head at her. She was so clueless some times. "I guess I always knew I wasn't right" she mumbled. "I don't think I have the strength to stay away from you anymore," Edward told her. "Then don't" she replied.

While I felt like a third wheel, I was curious about why I was with them. Edward looked at me. "Jasper feels the same. I have to let him explain it to you." "Jasper doesn't like me. He'd be glad if I was dead" I mumbled the ending. "Jasper's feelings for you run deep, too deep" he told me.

I opened my mouth but I don't reply, instead, I stared at my empty plate. "We should head home." Edward nodded his head, as he paid for the food.

We got in the car Bella in the front and me in the back. We went by the police station, where we saw Charlie and Dr Cullen's car. "Come on" Edward said. We got out of the car and see Dr Cullen. 

"Carlisle what happened?" Edward asked.

"Waylon Forge was found in the woods, I examined the body," Carlisle told his son. "He died? How" I asked. "Animal attack" he replied.

"The same kind that killed the security guard down in Mason," Charlie said. Carlisle nodded his head. "Most likely."

I noticed the look that Carlisle and Edward shared. They knew more about it than they were letting on.

Later that day, Bella and I would discover something shocking. We searched for information on the Cullens, all things that could describe them. We searched Cold Ones and found beautiful creatures with speed, strength, apparent cold skin like the Cullens.

The last things we saw were the ones that stood out the most, Immortal, Blood drinker. The creatures attacking weren't animals, but vampires.

"Vampire" I whispered to Bella with wide eyes. The Cullens were Vampires.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ * * ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

20 - 10 - 20

I'm gonna be honest, I hate this story, like hate it with a passion. But I want to finish it, updates are slow.