Cecilia

173k Today

I slowly open the door, making sure to take my shoes and socks off before entering the house. It was at least 11 at night, I hadn't done anything but walked around town to distract myself from my thoughts.

The rain had stopped right when I got the courage to get myself off of that deck that was shaking every time thunder sounded. My clothes were still soaked because the weather decided to switch up, like the hoe it is, and start pouring rain on my walk home.

You might ask, 'why didn't you just call an uber or cab?' Well, I didn't have any cash on me, and I was stupid enough to not realize that my phone was getting soaked by the rain.

It was quiet in the house, the lights were all off except for the a small dim coming from the family room.

I quietly sat down my shoes and tiptoed my way over to the kitchen. I had placed my phone in a bowl of rice before walking towards the family room.

I poked my head out of the corner and seen my dad sleeping on the couch. One of his legs was hanging off while he snored loudly.

He must've been waiting for me. How I know? My dad would rather sleep in a bush filled with thorns, rather than on a couch.

I silently made my way over towards him and bent over to lightly shake him awake.

"Who's there?! Wh-"

"Shh!" I pressed my finger to my lips and  glared at him from being so loud.

"You're the one who woke me!" He whisper yelled

I rolled my eyes "i'm here now. You can go upstairs and sleep in your room, I know how much you hate sleeping on the couch."

He nods and stretched out his arms, letting out an obnoxiously loud yawn.

"Shush!" I tell him once again

He looks at me with a frown, "you shush." He says

He then stares at me for quite a few seconds. I shifted in my spot and looked around the room.

"Are you.. okay?" He asked

I brung my attention back to him and frowned. I give him a silent nod, not wanting to continue the conversation so I got up to leave. Dad shot up quick and told me to wait, so I had turned back around.

"You were gone for so long, and your mother was worried sick. Where were you?" He crossed his arms in a parental way

I don't know why, but I couldn't help but find this parental act, funny. I know how silly my dad can be some times -I can't even take him serious at this moment. But it really warms my heart because I can tell by the look of his face how worried he was.

I felt bad. I shouldn't have been gone for too long. Not to me mention how much my legs hurt. I wasn't just walking though, I went to some places too. Even a movie, whatever got my mind off things.

I got so many weird looks from people today, nothing was gonna phase me right now.

I managed to form a small smile to assure him not to worry.

"Just went to a few places, had a FEW drinks," I couldn't lie to him no matter what "and thought about some things."

He raised his eyebrows "drinks?? You're like.. 16!"

I laugh "i'm 21."

"Th-"

"Goodnight dad." I kissed his cheek before walking my way out