3: power

As surprising as it was, I missed it

I missed the smell of weed in the air, the graffiti over abandoned buildings, the small "fuck you lookin at" glares from neighbors with stained shirts and musty hair.

But now, now I was in a world of headbands, sparkling water, and lots and lots of name brand, fruity flowery perfume and cologne.

My hands were tucked in the pockets of my large denim jacket as I watched Harry and some other girl in a short white tennis skirt and matching polo shirt, hair tied back in a light blonde ponytail as Harry winded around her, his chest pressed against her back as he helped her hold and swing a tennis racket.

"See, so you move it just like that, make sure the grip is just right- ooh, you're a natural." He complimented, sporting a charming Colgate, dimpled smile as she giggled, scrunching her shoulders up slightly when he got close enough to teasingly blow on the back of her neck, making her giggle and swat at him.

"Harry!" She smiled, biting her lip and rubbing her neck as he chuckled, playfully hitting her butt with his racket with the greenest of hills and the bluest of skies behind them.

I felt like I was watching a Viagra commercial.

Harry finally approached me with a smirk, knowing he left a very disappointed, very flustered girl back there as I met his gaze with a bored one.

Then I looked at the clean sweater wrapped around his neck over his Ralph Lauren shirt.

"Nice sweater, did your mom have a sale in her closet." I greeted.

"Nice chain, where's the leash that comes with it." He shot back, eyes trained on the gold chain around my own neck, the both of us staring at one another for a brief moment before we broke into small grins.

I followed him as he twirled the racket in his palm before handing it to one of the curt, suited men on the side who I was assuming were the butlers, obediently taking the item and serving him an actual tray of a fancy bottle of water I've never seen before.

"Did you even try and dress up when I told you to wear something nice." Harry chided after he tipped his head back, sharp jaw accentuated with the rise and fall of his Adam's apple as he drank from the pretty bottle.

"Yeah, I'm wearing my Target clothes instead of my Ross ones." I showed him, stretching my jacket a bit as he looked at me, he raised his pointer finger for me above my head making me grab it and slowly twirl for him so he could see my whole outfit.

"Besides, look," I smirked, raising my wrist to show him the gold Rolex watch he had given me, causing a dimpled smirk to grow on his face before he held my wrist, checking the accessory with a low whistle.