7 : sleep

It was like everything was slowly coming back to me, one by one

First sounds, then awareness, and after the sensations like the heavy repetitive pressure on my chest.

"Come on, come on..." Polly's urgent voice chanted in a distant echo as my eyelids fluttered.

"Oh my god." Bridget breathed.

"Wake up Ron, I know you're tough. Wake up." Ethan encouraged, feeling a soft breath at my ear before someone pinched my nose, blowing breath into my mouth.

"She'll make it. She has to." Alan insisted.

"If she fucking dies I'm going to kill her."

The last annoying voice came from one person and one person only as my eyes snapped open in irritation, the person above me backing away to give me space as I sat myself up, gasping, choking and spitting out sea water with heaving shoulders.

After a few moments of coughing and wheezing, taking in large amounts of breath at a time my freezing body was crushed into a tight hug by a pair of large muscular arms, only to be joined with another pair of arms much smaller in comparison.

"Thank god you're okay." Ethan let out a sigh of relief, holding me close while Polly was on my other side, resting her head on my shoulder.

"I'm so glad you're alright, you scared everyone." She sniffed, sounding as if she had been crying for quite some time as I shivered in their embraces, sandwiched between them while my gaze travelled up to meet Alan's relieved, light green eyes as he rubbed his face, blowing out a relaxed breath.

"Would've jumped in there myself to get you if Harry hadn't beat me to it." Alan said in a soft tone, sending me a small smile that I returned before shifting my eyes to the back of the deck where Harry and Bridget were.

Harry was drenched head to toe, from his dark, dripping locks of hair that fell over his face as he rubbed a towel over his head to his soggy pair of expensive, salmon colored shorts while Bridget lingered around him in a state of awe.

His gaze settled on mine, and for some odd reason my fuzzy brain seemed to single the preppy, wet, rich boy as he kept his eyes on me.

I mouthed a grateful thank you.

He simply smiled, looking away and ruffling the towel on his head, shielding his eyes from mine.

"That- that terrible terrible woman!" Polly exclaimed in fury when I told her who might have left the fireworks on the yacht.

"Wow, chill with the profanity." Alan dryly remarked as Ethan and Polly paced around in anger inside the guest room I was staying in in Polly's beach house, both of their hands balled into tight fists as they passed one another, back and forth.