11 : champagne

There was no way Arlo would knock on my door since I gave him a spare key to my place to let him walk in and out whenever he wanted

Which he did about five minutes ago.

"I bear you a fruit cup." Arlo smiled, tossing the small snack he promised to get me as I caught it one hand, gathering my newspaper and coupons together.

"Thanks, how was your date at that Juice place?" I asked, grabbing my scissors as he joined me on the couch.

"Faith is real cool," He approved, slinging his arm over the back of the sofa.

"But Harry bumped into us and totally murdered the good feels." He sighed, playing with the rings on his fingers.

"Harry was there?" I asked, continuing to cut through the coupons.

"Yeah, he was really pissed. Confronted me and everything about being with you once he saw me with Faith, I almost cried." Arlo widened his eyes, pointing at himself as I sighed.

"I've been meaning to tell you this but, I think we should stop messing around with Harry." I truthfully told him as he nodded in agreement.

"Totally, I thought it would be fun playing him since I've always done this before. I also though revenge would feel good but wow, it totally throws my aura off." Arlo blew out an exhausted breath with a shake of his head.

On the first day Arlo and I met after we kissed and he took in Harry's reaction, he later asked if I could play along with him.

You know, a little kiss here and there, hands touching, shoulders bumping in front of Harry just to get under his skin.

Supposedly in high school, being the rich pretty boy Harry was, Harry would always steal all the girls Arlo even remotely showed interest in.

Harry would buy these school girls anything, take them out anywhere, while poor Arlo would just have his guitar and shaggy hair in a weak attempt to win over the girl's heart since he moved out of his family's mansion at sixteen to move in with his uncle, not wanting that kind of life.

And that his family kept serving non-gluten, non-vegan meals for dinner everyday.

"But Harry doesn't like me in that way." I had told Arlo when he first made the proposition.

"Well maybe, but I don't know if you can see it but I personally can see the aura he has around you and it's something I've never seen on him before. The way he reacts too, like I can feel it. You'd be doing me a real solid if you helped me out, we don't even have to kiss when he's not around if it bothers you." Arlo had explained with a nonchalant shrug.

So I went with it because I didn't really care either way and Arlo was a good kisser which left me nothing to complain about.

But when I saw how bothered Harry was with all this, it didn't feel like just a joke anymore.