22: lies

HARRY

HARRY

"It just wouldn't work." I made a face with a shake of my head, trying to let my best friend down gently as she sat there, pouting in her seat across the table.

"Is it because of who I was before?" Polly raised her chin proudly, even though I knew that was a sensitive subject for her while I leaned back.

"No, no." I quickly denied.

She raised her neatly plucked brow at me.

I paused.

"Okay fine, yes. Yes actually, but either way-"

"Harry I thought you were different." She sighed, petite shoulders slumping slightly as I straightened.

"What I was going to say was that either way, it's the fact that we've been friends since we were in diapers that's really stopping me here, not that." I told her with a raise of my ring clad finger as she pressed her lips into a thin line, staring at me.

"So, you really don't see me the way I see you." She reiterated with a saddened expression as I sighed, reaching out to touch her hand.

"Come on Polly don't look at me that way, there are so many guys out there who'd give their Miami Beach house just to be with you." I attempted to comfort her, still feeling I eased at her frown.

"But there's only one guy I want." Polly confessed, blue eyes staring deep into my green ones before a loud commotion snapped our attention away from one another, our heads turning to the source where a large, muscular tatted guy was being pushed out of the bar section by security.

"Who the fuck do you think you are telling me I have to cover up my fucking tattoos!?" The guy snapped with an angered raise of his pointer finger, almost every inch of his skin aside from his face covered in ink as I rested my forearm over the back of my chair and watched the new entertainment.

"Your boss." The guy all the way behind the security guards responded with a straight face.

"Well not anymore! Fuck you! And fuck you!" The delinquent began to create a scene as us valued customers watched in awe when the security guard threw the first punch, only for the man to quickly deflect it and attack both guards, crashing into the bar, glasses shattering and people gasping.

"Harry do something!" Polly panicked, as always not wanting anyone to get hurt, even if it was some low class no one as I straightened in my seat.

"You're right." I said, nodding in agreement with a stern look as she gazed at me, visibly swooning when I stood from my chair.

Then I raised my hand.

"Hey can we get our check over here." I casually ordered, snapping my ring clad fingers before pointing at our table at one of the distracted waiters watching the fight.