9 : race

"Great, rich people are cloning themselves now

"Great, rich people are cloning themselves now." Alan commented, holding a bottle of beer as we all settled in the living room.

"He's my twin." Harry retorted for the fifth time, his face etched with irritation as he looked at Arlo who was on the only sitting on the couch across from everyone else.

"That's what he wants you to think." Ethan whispered to Alan, subtly leaning closer as Alan nodded in a agreement, the two men sending Arlo suspicious stares.

"What are you doing here anyways?" Polly asked with a tone of familiarity, already knowing about Harry's brother as Arlo leaned back into the sofa, arms spread out on the back of the cushions.

"I've been drifting around, decided to take a little break and return home to catch some good inspiration. But then I remembered I still got the keys to your beach house so I thought I'd crash for a few days, hope I'm not intruding-"

"Uh, you kinda are." Harry remarked with a "duh" tone before Polly intervened.

"You're welcome here anytime you want." Polly reassured with a smile, much to Harry's distaste as Arlo gave her a grateful grin.

"Why were you and Ron kissing." Harry and Alan both asked in unison, causing the the interrogators to pause and look at one another for a moment before directing their stares back at the hipster.

"She offered me a morning kiss and I gratefully took it from the pretty girl. Thank you." Arlo explained before turning his attention to me, clasping his hands together like a prayer before bowing humbly and thanking me with a dimpled smile.

"What do you have to say for yourself." Harry said, pointing his glare at me as I looked up at him from the couch.

A small, uncontrollable smile spread across my face.

"He thinks I'm pretty." I said with a dazed grin, placing my hands over my cheeks before connecting eyes with Arlo who gave me a genuine smile.

Harry watched this little display, looking like he was mentally considering whether or not to beat someone to death with the tennis racket in his hand.

"Well she's gone." Ethan piped up.

"Don't blame her you guys, Arlo just has that charm to him when you see him." Polly defended.

Ethan snapped his gaze to her.

He then proceeded to place his large tattooed hand over his girlfriend's eyes.

"Don't look at him." Ethan requested in a protective tone.

"Why are you even taking a break again? Thought you were doing the whole traveling around the world to promote peace and music or whatever." Harry scoffed, shifting his weight on one foot and crossing his arms over his chest.

"I have the worst writer's block right now. Thought I could get some inspiration from my roots, where I started you know." Arlo said with a faraway look.