5 : control

"Need any help at the bar?" I asked Ethan, walking barefoot out of his bathroom in a towel, my hair wrapped in a cloth as I held a back scrubber in one hand

"What happened to the new fancy job Polly got you?" Ethan interrogated in a distracted tone, eyes glued to the small tv in front of him as he vigorously hit the buttons of the game controller in his hands.

I watched the game he was playing, scratching my back with the back scrubber brush.

"Quit."

"Washing dishes is a tough job." Ethan mused, repeatedly hitting one button at lightning speed, his thumb becoming a blur.

I stared at his hand.

"Is that how fast you jack yourself off every time Polly wears those skirts." I remarked.

"No, but it's how fast I finger her if that's what you want to know." Ethan shot back with a smug expression, only before letting out a curse of frustration when he died in the game.

"What an image." I pursed my lips, checking the shower brush in my hand as I turned to head back into the bathroom.

"Speaking of Polly she'll be here any minute." Ethan's voice carried through the hallway from the living room.

"That's cool. Long as her khaki wearing Kent doll isn't tagging along-" I stopped in my tracks, finding the front door of Ethan's flat open with Polly and Harry at the entrance.

Oh yeah, forgot Ethan gave his girl spare keys to his place.

The preppy blonde paled slightly at the sight of me in only a towel.

"All is good, I just didn't have any warm water in my building." I explained in a gentle tone, raising my hands up in a cautious manner causing the worry over her face to fall and slip back into a friendly smile.

"Oh, okay." She released a breath, going back to her perky self as she stepped inside, taking off her cardigan and folding it before placing it down on one of the tables near the door.

"How was your first day at that new job? Did you like it?" She wondered, bright eyes gauging my reaction.

"It was great. I got to throw wine at an asshole." I remarked with a smile.

The sound of a door loudly slamming shut was heard behind Polly, making both of our gazes snap towards Harry who had his hand against the door, his glare directed towards me.

"Oh that's nic- wait, goodness you did what?" Polly blinked with a stunned expression, bringing her attention back to me.

"Harry was there, he saw the whole thing." I gestured over to Harry whose sharp jaw was locked with anger, a pair of sunglasses hanging from his blue v-neck shirt as he shrugged off his gray blazer, glaring at me.