01

Harry walks into his home, asking his housekeeper to make him a cup of tea and give it to him in his office. He then proceeds to take off his blazer and unbutton his shirt, changing into something more comfortable. After deciding on a plain white t-shirt along with some sweats, he moved to his office.

Looking at the files given to him by Margaret, he sips on his tea, writing some notes here and there, ensuring to contact those necessary when required. He turns on his laptop, checking and replying to some e-mails before glancing at the time, deciding that he should probably head to bed soon.

He looked at his schedule, seeing that tomorrow was quite a panic-free day, no important meetings, just one appointment with Louis Tomlinson. He remembered that Byron Tomlinson was always by his side when times were hard, so the least he could do was consider his recommendations, even if they are one of his relatives.

After Harry's last assistant grew old and eventually retired, Harry was now looking for someone quite young so they can be more efficient, he knew that Tomlinson was a recent university graduate so he fit the demographic. He then, decidedly tired, took off his t-shirt before laying down, finally closing his eyes and feeling relaxed once more.

-

The alarm blared in Louis' ears, turning around, he groaned before glancing at his phone, seeing that he had his appointment with Harry Styles today. Slightly nervous, he picked out his most formal wear, which was some black skinny jeans along with a royal blue button up, deciding against a tie.

Looking at the wall clock once more, Louis decides to leave a few minutes early, wanting to be quite punctual to ensure a good first impression. He then gets into his car and heads towards Styles Enterprises.

Reaching ten minutes early, Louis was waiting in the lobby, the secretary sending him a humble smile while typing away on her computer. Louis genuinely thought that she was writing fanfiction on there or something, by her frantic motions.

As Louis heard a buzz, the secretary glanced at him once more, telling him that he could now enter Mr. Styles' office. Louis took a deep breath, smoothening out his shirt, keeping Niall's reassuring words in mind as he walked into the office.

He stood awkwardly towards the back of the room, as all he saw was the silhouette of a tall, lean, yet muscular man.

"You may take a seat," Louis hears, the deep, raspy voice, slightly startling him.

He walks towards the two chairs positioned in front of Mr. Styles' desk, sitting down on one, keeping his hands in his lap, trying not to awkwardly fumble with them, a usual instinct he finds himself doing when nervous.

Harry turned around, green and blue eyes immediately locking, Louis trying not to squirm under the deep emerald gaze.

"Louis Tomlinson, I presume," Harry says, finally breaking their mini staring contest.

Louis nods, clearing his throat.

"Yes, sir," He says, slightly rubbing his hands on his jeans, them already being clammy due to the anticipation.

"I hope you realize that  although your uncle has recommended you, you will be considered equally compared to other applicants," He says, slightly scratching his jaw before taking a seat in front of Louis, who simply nodded in response.

"Please answer me appropriately, Louis," Harry says, slightly narrowing his eyes.

"Yes, sorry, sir," Louis says, the words feeling oddly foreign rolling off his tongue.

Louis sees that Harry is flipping through his file, with Louis' resume, job experience, personal details, etc.

"So, Mr. Tomlinson, tell me, why do you think you would be a good asset to my team, particularly as my personal assistant?" As Louis went to answer he felt his throat block up and his mind blank of what he had practiced earlier, his breath hitching and a strong urge to cry out of sheer frustration.

Harry notices and frowns, understanding the nerves which accompany a job interview.

"No need to be nervous, Louis, just be honest," Harry says, trying to get the younger to stop being so tense and just speak.

"Okay," Louis breathed out.

"Um, for starters, I talk quite well to others and I do have quite an interest in this industry. I-In terms of this position, I have been in quite a similar position before so I truly understand what is expected of me in terms of keeping you updated regarding your schedule and arranging anything when necessary," Louis says, trying to keep his voice steady.

Harry looks at the younger boy in front of him, a small smile on his face as Louis finally answers, seeming more confident. Harry nods at the answer, asking Louis a few more questions, his expression slightly changing at some of them, looking slightly panicked, but Harry simply assured him that he was doing great. Louis seemed to smile at the praise, and used that as a boost of confidence, smiling more and meeting Harry's eyes rather than simply staring at his desk.

As they finish all the required questions, Harry closes the file, looking at Louis' wary eyes. Harry then decides that he needs to treat this like a formal interview and ensure that Louis would be the best fit for this job without any personal bias.

"Louis, I hope you understand that there are many people in line for this job. Your uncle had recommended you, and yes, you do live up to the expectations, however, you must understand that this job is extremely hectic and requires you to always be available, even if it be at three am," Harry says, ensuring that Louis knows all that comes alongside the crucial position.

"I completely understand Mr. Styles, and I assure you that I can definitely do what is expected of me," Louis says, taking a breath.

"I guess we will find out. I will have Margaret get back to you by the end of this week," Harry says, nodding as a farewell.

"Okay, thank you, sir," Louis says, smiling softly before leaving the door, heading down and exiting, before leaning on the side of the building, running a hand through his hair.

"Shit,"

A/N: yeah so he had the big interview. The question is whether he'll get the job or not?? I think it's pretty obvious though. But anyways, please vote and comment!! ❤️❤️❤️