17

A/N: this book just hit 3k reads which wow, thank you guys! It truly means a lot!! ❤️ anyways this chapter is slightly shorter than the others but I still hope you enjoy!

"Um-I-I don't--" Louis starts, not knowing how to answer.

"Hey, I don't need an answer right now, you can tell me by the end of the week, don't stress," Harry says, placing a reassuring hand onto Louis' shoulder.

Louis smiles, thanking Harry for the time to consider his very generous offer.

"Anyways how are you?" Louis asks, breaking the tension.

"I'm great. Actually, Liam visited a while after you left and he, well, he said that you somehow got Zayn to confess to threatening Lucas." Harry says in a slightly questioning tone.

"Can we have the cheque," Harry asks the waiter passing by, who nods and heads towards the kitchen.

Soon, the waiter returns and places the bill on the table. Louis goes to grab his wallet to pay when Harry places a hand on his own.

"Louis, I'll pay." He says, taking out a credit card and handing it to the waiter.

"I should at least pay for what I got!" Louis says, pouting as the waiter had already swiped the card.

"Louis, please, your company is enough," Harry says, causing a blush to spread across his cheeks, shyly smiling down.

Harry was always so flattering. "Shall we?" Harry asks, opening the door for Louis.

"We can walk around the park," Harry says, motioning to the park to the right of where they were.

"Yeah sure. Anyways, I wanted to say that I spoke to Zayn about Lucas and he instantly seemed nervous so I pretty much figured that he did it. And he told me that he felt the need to get the files because he loves Liam and always feels terrible because Liam has apparently worked for his position while you 'got everything handed to you.'" Louis says, scoffing.

Harry nods, "I guess that's true to an extent."

Louis shakes his head, "no, Harry, I've seen how hard you work and you deserve everything you've earned, it doesn't matter if you inherited the company, you've worked incredibly hard to stay in the position." He says, placing a hand on Harry's.

Harry laughs, "I guess." He says, although he clearly wants to degrade himself further.

Suddenly, two cameramen rush up to Harry and Louis, asking for them to look their way.

Louis instantly closes himself off, looking down, not used to the attention.

Some more people see this and start to crowd them further. Harry knows that Louis is claustrophobic and places a hand on the small of his back, leading him towards Gustav's car.

"I'm sorry about that. They only care because they think that we're dating or something.." Harry trails off, an apologetic smile planted on his face.

"It's fine, I'm just not used to the crowd," Louis responds, looking down into his lap where his fingers were interlocked.

"Would you like me to drop you home?" Harry asks, instructing Gustav to turn right onto the main road to get out of the junction.

"Yes please," Louis responds, smiling softly.

The tension was thick, as they glanced at each other but didn't say anything.

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened?" Harry mumbles, cautious not to say anything triggering.

Louis' mood instantly drops, but he tries smiling.

"M-my sister, she had fibroids, which were extremely severe and I'm kind of the 'man of the house' so I had to be there for her because she means the world to me."

Louis sniffles, wiping his eyes. "Sorry, I'm pathetic, every time I think of her and the possibility of losing her, it brings tears to my eyes."

"Hey, hey, you're not pathetic, you're so brave for being with her through that. And you seem like a lovely and inspirational older brother." Harry says, shaking his head.

Louis lets out a watery laugh, thanking Harry for his constant uplifting words.

"Is this the correct location, sir?" Gustav asks, looking up to Louis' apartment complex.

"Yes, thank you, Gustav," Louis says, opening the door and walking outside.

"Let me walk you to the door," Harry says, stepping outside and following Louis to the door.

They walk to the entrance of the apartment complex and stop once they're outside.

"Thank you," Louis says, blushing.

"Um-do you want to have dinner with me tomorrow, possibly?" Harry asks, clearly nervous.

"I mean, you don't have to, I just thought that having dinner would be nice and you're great so--"

Louis gets on to his toes and presses a kiss to Harry's cheek.

"I'd love to, pick me up at 8." He says before running into the complex.

Harry brushes his finger over his cheek, where the skin was burning due to the kiss.

Wow.

A/N: eeeep! He asked him out! It's happening! Comment where you think Harry will take him for the date and don't forget to vote!! ❤️🏳️‍🌈