16

2 months later

"Are you sure you're okay?" Louis asks, helping Fizzy out of her wheelchair.

"Yes, Lou, I feel great." She says, smiling at his overprotectiveness.

Felicite's surgery had gone according to plan, although she was unable to walk for 3 months or so, she was feeling great and was extremely happy.

She felt so bad for keeping Louis away from his job and house in London, and now, he was finally returning.

"Okay, I'll be on my way. But if you need anything, at all, I'm just a phone call away." Louis whispers, pressing a kiss to her forehead, hugging the rest of his family before going upstairs to pack his stuff.

-

"Louis!" Niall shouts, running to the door and hugging his best friend.

"Mate, I've missed you! The house just isn't the same without you." Niall says, smiling as he opens the door wider for Louis to enter.

"I've missed you too, Ni," Louis says, laughing at his excitement.

"Harry called me a while back," Niall notes, remembering Louis' ex-boss calling him previously.

"Oh?" Louis says, raising his eyebrows as he remembers the last thing that he experienced with Harry.

"Yeah, he was worried if you had reached properly, or something like that," Niall says, shrugging.

"Oh yeah, I responded to his text, he heard about an accident and just wanted to make sure I was safe," Louis says, crossing his legs.

Just then, Louis gets a text from Perrie. 'Hey! I heard you're back from Doncaster if you're free, come by the office.'

Louis didn't have much to do today, and he wanted to see Harry's new assistant, so he headed towards the office, memories flooding his thoughts.

-

"So how was Doncaster?" Perrie asks. It was currently her lunch break and the office usually doesn't allow visitors but Margaret made an exception for him.

"It was great seeing my family, I've missed them so much. There was a small issue, but it's all good now." Louis explains, bringing his coffee cup up to his lips.

"But enough about me, how are you? And who's the new assistant?" Louis asks, leaning forward.

"I'm great, I've actually been promoted recently. And, um, actually there's not really an assistant. Harry said that he's been managing with Margaret as his deputy assistant now. I'm not too sure why because he's never had trouble finding an employee before." She says, shrugging.

"Oh, that's weird," Louis says furrowing his eyebrows. Perrie glances at her watch, apologizing because her lunch break had been shortened after her promotion.

Louis walks towards Margaret, asking her if Harry was busy right now, she said that he was at a conference but would be out soon.

Louis sits down in the lobby, scrolling through his phone when he finally sees a group of men come out of Harry's office.

Nervous, Louis walks to Harry's office, softly knocking on the door, heart fluttering as he hears the usual 'come in.'

Louis walks in, Harry's eyes still fixated on the report he was reading. "Margaret, could you call up--"

"Um- Mr. Styles." Louis interrupts. Harry looks up, eyes widening as he realizes that it wasn't Margaret but in fact Louis.

"Louis!" He greets, a voice startled.

"Hi, Harry," Louis says, the words feeling oddly foreign to his tongue.

"How was your trip?" He asks, motioning for Louis to sit down. Their conversation was extremely awkward, the two clearly thinking about the kiss.

"I was just heading out for lunch, would you like to join me?" Harry asks, standing up.

"Oh, sure, if it's not too much of a bother," Louis says, following Harry towards the elevator.

-

"How about this? You tell me something about you that you haven't told anyone before, and I'll do the same for you, if you don't mind, of course." Harry and Louis had been talking for a while, trying to get to know each other to a better extent.

"Um, yeah, sure. One thing about me is that...well, I haven't cried in three years." Harry says, frowning at how stupid that sounded.

"Three-really?" Louis asked, slightly shocked.

"Mhm, after a bad break up, I just kind of knew that many are going to use me for my money but I can't let myself get affected and that they weren't worth my tears so, yeah, three years going strong," Harry says, slightly laughing.

"What about you?" Harry asks, thanking the waiter for their food.

"Well-uh, I used to be anorexic in high school, because I apparently had a 'more feminine' body type and everyone used to make fun of me and soon after that, I just stopped eating because I felt the need to please everyone. I-I'm okay now, I'm back to a normal BMI because I went to a doctor who helped me understand myself, but-uh, that was just a really hard time for me." Louis says, looking down, embarrassed.

"Hey, it's fine. We've all had our ups and downs, but I think you were so strong to be able to get over that phase and look past it, many people wouldn't be able to." Harry says, placing a hand on Louis' chin, making him look up.

Louis smiles, blushing softly, quietly thanking Harry for his words of encouragement.

"So are you just visiting or staying here?" Harry asks, hoping for a certain reply.

"I'm staying here, my family is doing great and I need a source of income, so, yeah," Louis explains, nodding.

"Do you have a job?" Harry asks, crossing his fingers over the table.

"Well, I got an offer from a firm near the edge of town, but I don't know if it would be too practical considering where I live," Louis responds, shrugging.

"Um-w-would you be interested in returning to your old position with Styles enterprises?"

A/N: so that's it for this chapter, I quite enjoyed it. What do you think Louis' going to say? Anyways, please leave a vote and comment! ❤️