22

Louis clenched his eyes, waiting for the impact and loss of blood, but it never came.

He opened his eyes, to see Harry, his boyfriend, on the floor, deep red blood seeping from his t-shirt.

And Louis cried. He got on his knees, trying to stop the bleeding, but all he could see was Harry's precious blood coating his hands.

He looked up to see that Victor had escaped, but he didn't care. All he cared about was Harry.

"Harry?" Louis softly whispered, voice cracking. He shook Harry, tears blurring his vision.

"Harry!." He said slightly louder now, shaking the man's shoulder rather vigorously, begging for a reply.

"Lou." It was faint, but Louis heard it.

"Yes, Harry, it's me. The ambulance is nearly here, just keep your eyes o-open." Louis said, breathing ragged.

He saw that Harry's eyes were still slowly closing. "No, no, no, Harry," Louis said, shaking his head as the tears had now coated his face.

"Harry!" Louis nearly shouted.

"Don't close your eyes, love. Don't, please Harry." He said, shaking Harry with no hope left.

The ambulance had come to a stop, two men coming out with a stretcher and placing it down, picking up Harry's limp body before lifting it into the ambulance.

Louis ran over to an officer, dazed, but begged to be allowed in the ambulance with Harry.

"Please officer, I-I need to be with him. P-please." Louis said, falling to his knees and clasping his hands together.

"Fine, but be quiet."

-

Louis was sitting in the waiting room, biting his fingernails with a tired, scared expression on his face.

"D-doctor, do you have any news on Harry Styles," Louis asked every time the doctor left the surgery room.

However, he always received the same answer, "Sir, we will tell you once we know."

But Louis couldn't wait. He felt absolutely terrible. The bullet was supposed to hit Louis, but Harry jumped in front of it.

Harry risked his life for Louis'. And Louis couldn't live with himself if anything happened to Harry because he loved him.

Louis loved Harry more than anything, and the fact that Harry being in this position was his fault, was the most heartbreaking thing Louis had ever experienced.

"Sir, are you here for Harry Styles." A nurse asked and Louis stood up, nodding vigorously, eyes wide with hope and fear.

"The doctor would like to speak with you."

-

"Mr. Tomlinson, Harry has been shot in the liver, which is very lethal as there is a huge volume of blood coursing through the liver. We must perform laparoscopic surgery however we must wait until he is awake. You may visit him but we don't know when he will be conscious." The doctor explains.

Louis nods understandingly and enters the surgery room, breath hitching as he sees Harry there, skin pale as ever, connected to wires and limp.

Louis immediately tears up at the sight and sits next to Harry, sniffling as he sees his state.

"God, Harry, what is wrong with you? I'm supposed to be lying on this hospital bed, not you. I was supposed to get shot, not you. Why, why would you even think about giving up your life for mine? Harry-" Louis has to stop himself due to how overwhelming this entire situation was.

He wiped his eyes, "You idiot, I love you. Please don't leave me, I need you, Harry."

Suddenly, as if it was out of a movie, Harry's heart monitor started beeping faster, but too fast.

Louis stood up, shocked, shouting for a nurse.

The doctors immediately ran in, saying some medical terms to each other.

A nurse walked up to Louis, asking him to leave. "No, I can't leave," Louis concluded, voice shaking as the tears welled up in his eyes.

"Sir, you are not allowed to stay in the room right now." He explained. "I don't care, I'm not moving."

"Sir, please cooperate with us, you need to leave, it's against the policy for you to be here."

Louis sighed as two other nurses escorted him outside, he tried to fight against them, insisting that he knows what was going on.

But the last thing that Louis heard before the door shut was three words that caused his face to pale in fear.

"He's flatlining."

A/N: im sorry.