12

A/N: so sorry for the late update, I've had so much on my plate recently, it's uncanny. But this chapter is relatively long and I quite like it, so enjoy! 😊

"Mum? What? Why?" Louis asks voice panicked yet confused.

"I-I can't explain but we need you right now, Lou. We all do. Me, Lottie, Phoebe, Daisy, Ernest, Doris, and especially Fizzy." She says, voice quivering.

"Please, Lou. Come home on Wednesday, nothing's going well and we can't deal with this alone." She whispers, pleading.

Louis nods, a pained expression on his face, "Yeah, mum I'll be there, tell the girls I love them." He says, saying some concluding terms before ending the call and walking back into the office.

He sees that Lucas had left and now Harry was back on his computer.

"Oh, Louis, do you remember when we went to get our suits fitted for an event?" He asks, Louis nodding as he recalls the day.

"Well, that event is today, it's basically a social gathering amongst the top ten companies in the field where we can discuss deals in a less formal manner. First, we have a golf lunch gathering and after that, there's a more authoritative gathering in a ballroom." Harry explains.

Louis nods, leaving to get ready, Niall sadly not being able to attend this time.

-

"Ni?" Louis asks, slightly nervous, once he gets home.

Niall simply hums in response, doing something on his phone.

"I-I don't really know how to say this. Well-I'm going back to Doncaster on Wednesday for a bit, probably two months maximum. There's just a bit of an issue back home so do you mind if I give you my half of the rent in advance until May?" He asks.

Niall looks like he wants to ask what happens but ultimately decides not to be too invasive.

"Yeah, that's fine, Lou. You can go take care of whatever's happening. Send Jay and the girls all my love," He says, smiling.

After hugging Niall and thanking him for the understanding and supportive words, Louis gets into the suit before heading back to the office, him and Harry soon arriving at the golf course, where quite a few important figures had already arrived.

-

"Great to see you again." Harry greets Mr. Smith, the two immediately discussing some business terms that Louis did not understand.

He walks over to Liam and Zayn, them being the only two that he somewhat knew.

"Louis, hi." The two greet, shaking his hand.

Louis and Zayn start to talk about their lives, the two being quite similar.

"You're working for Harry Styles, I'd expect you to be more stuck up," Zayn says, surprised at Louis' humble behavior.

After they speak for a while, Louis remembers today's previous events and decides to bring up the topic of Lucas, Zayn's behavior instantly changing, fumbling with his fingers behind his back.

'So he did do it.' Louis thought to himself, shaking his head in disgust before leaving to go talk to some other people.