08

"Niall, what the hell?" Louis exclaimed as they walked into the house, voice hoarse and profusely baffled at his best friends statement.

"What?" Niall asked, vast levity in his tone.

"Why did you say that we're together," Louis nearly shouts, running a hand over his face.

"Because I've seen movies, Louis. It's fairly obvious that you like him, so if I said that we were dating, he would get jealous and then you two would eventually get married," Niall says, shrugging, an indolent smile as he spoke.

"Not everything is a fucking movie," Louis says, raising his shoulders due to his usual strain and anxiety.

"Louis, trust me, you'll thank me later," Niall concisely says before walking towards his room, waving his hand in a way to dismiss Louis, indicating that he was worrying about nothing.

"When will you learn, my little Irish friend?" Louis says, somewhat asking himself, before plopping down onto the couch and closing his eyes, taking a break after the tedious day.

-

Louis woke up, muddled, as he realized that he had fallen asleep on the couch, fragments of last night still visible. Stretching, Louis stood up and headed to his room, dressing for the workplace.

Upon arriving the office, Louis immediately walked into Harry's room, interrupting the, clearly serious, conversation he was having with Jeff.

"I'm not dating Niall." Louis blurts out, before realizing what he had just done, Louis whispered a very apologetic sorry before exiting the room, eyes clenched in sheer embarrassment, silently wanting the floor to open up and swallow him.

Jeff came out of the room, giving Louis an odd look before heading back to his cubicle. Louis, after giving himself a short pep talk, walked into Harry's room, and once more apologized to Harry.

"It's fine, but what did you say, I didn't quite understand," Harry says, voice rather confused.

"I-I just said that I wasn't dating Niall because yesterday he stated so, but we're not dating, he's rather deranged. I don't know why I'm telling you this, I've just had a fairly tiresome morning," Louis says, ingloriously.

"It's okay, Louis, you did get home quite late last night so I understand," Harry responds, smiling, before instructing Louis about what is to be done today.

-

Louis had now finished up his morning work, seeing that it was time for his lunch break. Eyes fixated on the floor, Louis doesn't see Harry walking in front of him, bumping straight into him.

"I'm sorry, Harry," Louis says, eyes tired and drowsy due to the lack of sleep, not realizing that he was now calling his boss by his first name, even at work.

"It's okay, Louis. Would you like to come eat lunch with me? I'm meeting up with Ed and his girlfriend and I'm sure that they wouldn't mind your company," Harry suggests, courteously.

"I wouldn't want to be a burden.." Louis trails off, a brood crease between his eyebrows.

"Oh, Louis, you're never a burden, please join us for lunch," Harry says, favorably.

Louis nods, agreeing, following Harry towards Gustav's familiar car, looking at the busy streets of London as they soon arrived forth a beautiful, yet modest, a restaurant called 'The Violet Tree.'

The two walked in, seeing Ed and a beautiful girl already seated outside. Louis and Harry went to sit down, Harry officially introducing Louis to Ed and Cherry.