28

A/N: ahh I'm so sorry for taking so long to update. My sister's visiting and she's taking up all of my time so I'm sorry about that. But without further ado, here's chapter 28!

-

"What?" Harry exclaimed, watching as his boyfriend got handcuffed and was escorted out of his house.

"No! No, there must be some sort of mishap." He tries to argue but the officers simply ignore him and lead Louis towards the car.

"You can come see your friend at the station, please don't try to argue with us." The last officer says, before getting into his car and driving off.

Harry sighs, rubbing his temples due to annoyance. He walks towards his garage and gets into his car before heading towards the closest police station, a million thoughts running through his mind.

-

Harry sits down at the station, watching as Louis' gets questioned in the room, which he could sadly not hear.

He could, however, see Louis' frightened yet confused expression, and Harry wishes that he could just walk in there and hold him.

The interrogation officer soon exits the room, causing Harry to rush up to him, inquiring whether Louis was free yet.

The officer simply shook his head. "We have the right to hold him in the cell for the next 48 hours. Until then, we have to go about investigating the case as he is our prime suspect." The man explains, before walking over to his desk, looking over some files.

Harry runs a hand through his hair. He knows that Louis' hasn't done anything wrong, but there's nothing he could do about it.

Sighing, Harry leans back in the chair, just wishing that this all was a dream.

-

"Sir?" Harry stirs in his chair, yawning slightly before looking up to see the police officer who he had previously spoken to.

"We're going to have to ask you a few questions, regarding the murder of Marcus Tomlinson." He says, leading Harry to the interrogation room.

"Where were you at 09:45 pm on June 14th?" The officer asks, turning on a recorder to record Harry's statement.

Harry scans his mind until he remembers. He gasps, "I was at a party, the 20th annual business gathering, and Louis was with me." Harry says, praying that this new information shows Louis' innocence.

"Can you give us a list of names who can testify that they had seen Louis Tomlinson there?" He asks.

"Uh, yeah. Liam Payne, Zayn Malik, Perrie Edwards, and Matthew Smith." Harry says, recalling those who he had seen conversing with Louis.

"Okay, you may leave now, thank you." He concludes, opening the door and letting Harry walk back to the area where he was previously waiting.

Soon enough, Harry sees Perrie, Matthew, and Zayn all walk in, slightly panicked but following the officer to the room.

They all finish their interrogations, going home, and sending Harry supportive glances.

The officer walks over to where Louis was sitting, taking out the keys from his pocket and un-cuffing him, announcing that he was free to go, for now.

As if it was in slow motion, Louis runs to where Harry was sitting, jumping up and hugging Harry with all his might.

Harry responds equally, by wrapping his hands around Louis' thighs, to hold him in place, a bright smile planted on his face.

"I know you did nothing wrong, Lou," Harry whispers into his ear, moving so he could press a kiss to his lover's lips.

"Oh my god, Harry, it was so scary in there and I thought that I would go to prison and--" Harry cuts Louis' rambling with another kiss to his lips.

"Let's go home," Harry says, dropping Louis to his feet and wrapping his arm around Louis' waist, in a rather protective manner.

"Yeah, home." Louis whispers, eyes shining with love as he looked at Harry.

A/N: I'm so so sorry that this chapter is so short! I just liked how it ended so I decided to stop it there. If you enjoyed, please be sure to vote and be sure to leave a comment about how you feel about Louis being set free?

ALSO, thank you so much for 10k! That is absolutely insane! I have no words, really, thank you all so much! ❤️❤️