chapter 24

Honesty

I grab my keys off the counter and run out the house. I start the car and pulled off. I grip the stirring wheel as I drive close to Jacob's house. I pulled out my phone and called Jacob but he didn't answer. I got frustrated and instantly stopped in the middle of the street. No one was behind me so I sat there and cried beating the stirring wheel as if it had done this to me. I wiped my tears and continued on the road. I couldn't let this break me down. I just hope he ain't hurt them.

Jacob

I look that my dresser at which my phone was on. It had vibrated and I didn't feel like get up from my position that I was in, so I just left it there. I look at Chanel, admiring her beautiful long hazel brown hair.
I started to run my hands through her hair until she started moving than I stopped. I was starting to get hot , so I moved her off me. I walked over to my dresser and grabbed my phone looking to see why my phone was vibrating. It had been a missed call from honesty so I just put that bitch back into my pocket and headed downstairs. I walked and into the living room and turned on the TV to some show about space which was actually entertaining. I sat there and watched it for 30mins before I got hungry. I got up and walked to the kitchen going to the Frigerator to get some chicken. As I'm cleaning the chicken off, Chanel comes down stairs. She goes for the basement and I end up stopping her pulling, her into the kitchen.

Jacob: you know how to cook.

Chanel: not really my mom would usually do that.

Jacob: well you gon learn today.

Chanel: ooookkkk😕

I show her some of the steps and what she needs to do and I let her practice the things I've taught her. Shit if she's in this house, she Finna start doing stuff like : cleaning, cooking, helping with money and making sure I'm satisfied if you know what I mean.

A few minutes later Santo walks through the door. I notice as he goes up to his room the look that he gives me when he sees Chanel down here in the kitchen with me.

Jacob: keep doing what you doing I'll be right back. And Do Not Go Anywhere! Do you here me?

Chanel: yes.

I ran upstairs towards Santos room and open the door. He was taking off his shirt but I didn't really care. I walked over to him and push him.

Jacob: what the fuck was 😒 for?

Santo: nigga don't be coming in my room pushing a nigga. And why you got that bitch in the kitchen by herself, if that bitch run away and I go to jail I'm killing yo ass.

Jacob: I'm not worried about that, what's up with the face.

Santo: fuck the face you need to go back downstairs with that hoe.

Jacob: no not until you tell me.

I walk towards him getting in his face

Santo: nigga you acting gay as hell right now I ain't you damn girlfriend. I ain't got to tell you shit nigga. So get the FUCK out my face man.

Chanel

I hear commotion upstairs and I'm somewhat scared. I look around at my surrounding and notice something's. I took the advantage and grabbed a knife from one of the drawers and put it in the back of my bra making sure that it was safely put in there so I wouldn't hurt myself and that it wouldn't fall out.

In about a few minutes later jaxon and courtlend come into the house with two duffle bags. I must have scared them when they walked in because they reached for their draws for their guns when they saw me.

Courtlend: what the fuck you doing out the basement?

Chanel: ja-

Jaxon: shut the fuck up bitch I don't want to hear it ,take you ass where you belong.

Chanel: but-

Jaxon: take yo ass now!

I was scared and didn't want to move or else I might get in trouble with Jacob. But at the same time I didn't want to get beat or raped anymore. Whatever I pick I was going to get it anyways. I didn't move so Courtlend walked over to me with his gun in his hand and grabbed me by my neck. He held me at a tight grip so I couldn't say anything. The only thing I could do was scratch on his arm until he left me go.

Courtlend: don't want to listen huh?

Rayan

Me and the kids had so much fun together. I never knew how fun kids were, since every time a kid was brought into my life it was always killed. I took the kids out a little long than what was expected but I didn't care. He obviously didn't care because he didn't call. I got the kids out the car and gave them their toy bags to carry. I walked up the porch stairs with the kids and opened the door. When I opened the door I heard crying coming from the kitchen and loud bumps coming from upstairs. I Tried to lead the kids to my room but I didn't want them to witness anything. So I just took them to the basement and told them to play with their toys and that I would come get them in a minute.

Emoni: uncle ray where's my mommy? I'm scared?

Emmanuel: where's cha- I foegot her name.

Rayan: everything's fine kids just chill.

Just then that's when I heard a male scream, falling down stairs and gun shots..