~Chapter 7~

AN: Hello, beautiful people! The half of this chapter is filler-ish but in the second we finally, officially this time, meet our Zachary. Here's another picture of how I picture him, can never have too many, right?

Enjoy! And if you do, leave some love. :) Peace out!

fearsome_hamster

Mr. Fredor's library was a peaceful haven as usual. It was Margo's head that was not. Her mind was a nest of angry bees buzzing with thoughts each more bothersome than the other. She was definitely not ready for tonight. Lord HartWell was inviting his so claimed "friends" to dine that evening at their house. She mentally scowled. His friends were authentic sharks who cleaned her father of his coins every chance they had. They would more likely throw him into a blazing fire than offer him a hand of help.

To top it all off, another gentleman was going to join the merry group tonight. Her father had so graciously advised her to prepare a decent feast in honour of his arrival in town. This must mean the new addition has a considerable fortune to spend, otherwise father would not be so enthusiastic over their encounter. It is rare nowadays to see Lord Hartwell excited about other things than money.

Her train of thoughts was suddenly interrupted by the gentle clink of the bells at the library's entrance, announcing her of a new customer. Loud footsteps echoed in the silence of crowded shelves till they revealed an anxious looking Benjamin.

"Margo!" exhaled Ben loudly, embracing her unexpectedly. "I'm so glad to see you are alright!" tightening his arms around his surprised friend.

"Ben, calm down, of course I am alright. Why are you so out of breath?" she asked, slowing extracting herself from his embrace and patting his hand assuredly. 

"I've just found out about Quintus Boore's death... Rumour has it he was murdered by some rabid wolves. I can't say I pity the bastard, but something in my gut told me to check on you. Are you sure you are not hurt?"

Feigning disbelief, Margo raised her eyebrows. "Quintus is dead?"

"Yes, indeed he is. All the towns people are talking about this. Although knowing Mr Ruben and his fascination with books, I am not at all surprised he did not inform you of this. God only knows what you bookworms see in these dusty books. Anyway, call me evil, but I could not care less about that Boore bastard. At least now he won't bother you again. Are you alright?" 

"Do I not look alright?" Margo clumsily twirled around him like a ballerina. "I slept like a baby yesterday, I did not miss my breakfast and now I am in my favourite place in the world, the library, with a handsome chap," she teased him slightly. "I have no reason not to be." 

 Last night's sleep was truly refreshing for her. Thankfully, no nightmares haunted her rest. If that night's meeting was going to go alright, Margo could finally say her life was settling down into the usual routine after the cemetery fiasco. No need to trouble Benjamin with it. Like her, he was responsible for his struggling family. With three unwed sisters, he was over his head with work.

For further reassurance, Margo added: "And just like you, Quintus' passing is of no concern to me. God rest his wicked soul, but he was an ogre to deal with." The term "ogre" was an understatement, Margo still recalled the horrific attack. Now that she allowed herself to think about the accident, the girl was grateful for the creature's appearance- quite possibly, he had saved her life. 

Casting her one last glance, Ben finally acquiesced: "Alright then, Margo. I have to return to the tavern, Madame Percy has come back and is more crazy than usual now that she lost a client," he rolled his eyes. "But if you need anything, you know where to find me. I mean that," his green eyes were sparkling with obvious concern.