~Chapter 18~

AN: Hello, wonderful people! Sorry for the long wait! :( Real life.

Thanks for being patient and just an awesome bunch as usual. I'm constantly blown away by your support! Thanks to you, Her Cursed Monster got featured by Wattpad *starts crying*. I love you, guys!

Also, thanks a lot to wattpad friend @Terah0602 for mentioning a discrepancy in the plot. Zachary has now been chained for 130 years, not just 10. (Sorry Zachie...).

As a last note, Chapter 18 got a bit out hand... Cuts the ribbon tie for our very first smut scene. :O You have been warned! I'm curious what you think about it *blush*, I'm still trying my hand with these. Yay or Nay?

Fearsome Hamster

'Vampires are allergic to the plant Allium Sativum, better known in common tongue as garlic. Household owners are strongly advised to hang garlic braids at the entrance of their homes as this prevents evil from–'

As if garlic could pose a danger to Zachary. The idea was laughable.

'Vampires dwell in dark cold places like caves–'

Margo scoffed, carefully turning the age-worn page to hopefully more relevant chapters. In her lap was a book she had borrowed from Mr. Fredor's hidden occult section in the library– never had she believed she would make use of the ridiculous manuscripts stashed away in there, but for now they were her only hope of discovering what her betrothed was truly capable of.

She toyed with the hard corner of the old book, her mind straying.

You can always ask him instead of hunting for elusive answers in obscure tomes. The young woman quickly pushed the thought away. It has been days since the earth-shattering revelation and Zachary had tried to corner her and tell her on several occasions about their 'mating'. To his vexation, she had managed to escape him each time and had avoided him like the plague since then. However, she was painfully aware she could only ignore him for so long. With only one week left until the wedding and her father ordering her to remain by 'Lord Frost's side so he would not lose interest and abandon her at the altar like damaged goods', her dear parent's exact words, she was trapped.

She felt like a prisoner in the gigantic incoherent castle with only her beast of a fiancee to keep her company. Not even his servants dared to address her anymore after a jealous episode of their master lashing verbally at one of the attendants for standing too close to her for his liking. It had been ridiculous and frightening at the same time.

Her fiancee's human facade was rapidly crumbling and his fixation with her worsening to a point of obsession. 

Zachary had been persistent in his advances before, a fact her untried heart had grown to rejoice in, but now he was downright aggressive in his affection. His baser instincts were always present at the forefront now. His lingering touches had grown longer, his words less well-mannered and more direct with animalistic growls deepening his voice. He even lost control over his deadly fangs on several occasions. Nevertheless, it was his indigo eyes scaring her the most. Those identical amethyst chasms latched on to her with hunger clear in their depths. She had even surprised him staring at her modest bosom like a starved animal several times now. 

Margo blushed remembering. She forced herself to return to her book. She skipped a couple of non-sensical paragraphs until something worthwhile popped in view.

Vampires and their Strengths. 

Vampire are deadly predators, high in the supernatural chain, equipped with many advantages to trap their victim and satisfy their feeding habits. Millennia ago, in the Dark Ages, their survival had been perilous and vampire numbers have decreased exponentially. Since then their race has naturally developed the ability to glamour their chosen victims and thus protect the vampire's true identity from potential hunters. Glamouring is a technique through which the vampire puts the human in a temporary trance while the feeling usually takes place; more powerful vampires are even capable of inserting false memories in the human's mind to compensate for any time lapse. Mind compulsion is also known to bend a victim's thoughts and force the victim to obey the vampire's orders. The older the vampire, the more effective the glamour.