~Chapter 20~

AN: Happy New Year, wonderful people! Here's to an amazing 2018 for all of us! May happiness, good health, love, good grades and all that jazz find each and every one of you this year!

This is the first part of the Wedding Chapter, hope you enjoy it. *drum rolls*

By the way, who happens to be a Star Wars fan? I've recently joined this mad train and I am suuuuch a reylo shipper, any other reylos please stand up. :D

Fearsome Hamster

"You know what you have to do..."

Margo turned her head slightly – she could have sworn she heard something. However, the room was empty save for her and Nana who had been working tirelessly for the last hours on her granddaughter's appearance. It was the long awaited day after all.

She pressed a cold hand to her burning cheek, slightly smearing the faint rouge Nana had so carefully applied. Her grandmother sent her yet another reprimanding look and continued to weave her magic into her rebellious curls, twisting them into an intricate coiffure and skillfully adding pearl beads in the plaits. The young woman forced her fingers to lay still on the vanity. There was a fever building up inside her that made her restless.

Perhaps it was merely a syndrome of the proverbial cold feet, but she had not been feeling herself the last couple of days. A troubled mind, restless nights, little to no appetite – Zachary would have had an overprotective fit had he been here to witness. Thankfully, she had somehow convinced him to stay away until the wedding and surprisingly, he had actually listened.

"Margo, you look so beautiful."

She snapped out of her thoughts and realised Nana's nimble fingers finished their masterpiece. Her reflection in her bedroom's old mirror no longer showed the scared girl she was used to seeing everyday, but a regal looking woman. The tight corset of her gown sinfully embraced curves she had always hidden away, while the gossamer delicate lace around her frail shoulders brought back an illusion of innocence. A few locks of dark hair had fallen from the updo, framing her face, a tousled look Zachary's wandering fingers had also achieved in their past moments of passion. Even her lips were discretely painted with pomegranate balm to mimic a well and often kissed mouth. Her sneaky grandmother – she had done this on purpose.

Before she could open her mouth to thank her, Nana opened a nearby jewelry box and gently clasped a pair of sapphire earrings on her ears, the only piece of silver she had not dared part with and sell. Margo gasped – these had been her mother's favourites.

"Your mother would have been very proud of the woman you had become, my child," Nana whispered, a faraway look in her wise eyes.

"Nana, thank you for everything." Overcome with emotion, she embraced her grandmother tightly. During the harsh winters of life, some people were indeed like the unwavering fire in the hearth. Margo rejoiced in this moment of peace. Without this woman, she does not know what would have become of her.

Suddenly, Nana escaped the embrace with unexpected agility for her age. Her eyes glinted with a mischievous spark. "Oh, I forgot the perfume!"

Margo groaned. "Nana, you know I do not like it, please–" before she could finish, a puff of rosewater hit her nose, making her sneeze. Just as quick, her grandmother peeled the decoletage of her gown, letting more perfume spray directly onto her chest.

"Nana!" Margo cried outraged.

"Shh, child, you will thank me later," her grandmother whispered conspiratorially while winking. She could only begin to imagine what Nana was scheming; as a result, an intense blush covered her cheeks all the way to her ears.