~Chapter 21~

AN: Hello, wonderful people! 

Sorry for the long wait, The Wedding- Part II is here! Buckle up because after this chapter some crazy crazy things will happen to our couple! mwuhahha

Btw, this month marks a year since I've started "Her Cursed Monster", thanks for the awesome journey everyone! You are such a good and supportive bunch! *shares chocolate cake with everyone*

P.S. @KaloImagine made me a cover, above you can see it! How awesome is that *wipes tear*. Thanks again!

Fearsome Hamster

The creature bent its head in her direction, dangerously close to the nape of her neck.

"You know what you have to do." The last warning of the mysterious voice was barely heard as the creature pressed its lips to her own just as everything fell apart.

For a fleeting moment, she could only feel the cold mouth of the monster before her, feasting with viciousness at her unresponsive lips. For that feeling moment which seemed to stretch into an abysmal eternity, her heart froze. That is how you will die, the insidious voice echoed. A prisoner to her own mind, trapped in a ravaged chapel with blood-stained walls and cracked windows. And only a murderous beast to accompany her last moments.

The beast suddenly clutched her hair roughly in his grasp, mirroring the dark entity's venomous whispers. Was this truly Zachary? Was this a premonition of what was to come or just a byproduct of the festering dormant fears in her?

She could no longer tell. The wicked hallucination had become reality. Everything felt so real. From the uncaring pull of his lips on hers to the rapidly burning pain in her scalp.

In the far reaches of her terrified consciousness, she registered a faint tingling starting in her neck. The side where Zachary's bite mark resided was ticklish, urging her to remember something in the midst of this madness.

The sensation emanating from the column of her throat intensified.

She could almost feel ghost fingers caressing the flesh. Yet, the monster before her was not the cause of this. How was it possible...

Then, a miracle happened. 

Or maybe her hold on sanity just collapsed. She would welcome both possibilities if it meant this nightmare's end. One second she was in the hellish chapel, the next she was staring wide-eyed at Zachary' peaceful face so near her own.  

He was kissing her softly this time.

And his fingers were stroking her bare throat in slow circles. Touching his mark. That tender gesture must have broken the demonic mirage.

He was so very gentle now, unlike whatever she imagined before.

Already the memory of the broken chapel with shattered windows and Zachary's soulless look-alike were beginning to fade from her mind like wisps of smoke in the wind, leaving her disoriented. Where was she now?

She felt fingers find her pulse point and stroke her neck gently on that spot.

A crease appeared between his dark eyebrows and she felt plump lips tug at her lower lip as a barely inaudible whine escaped his mouth. Any traces of confusion left her as the hallucination faded from her mind. How could she forget? She was in the middle of her own wedding ceremony. They had just finished their vows and she was currently staring cross-eyed at her newly wed-husband as he kissed her. 

How embarrassing. She had actually been looking forward to this particular moment and it was completely ruined in the wake of whatever had happened. Goosebumps rose on her skin and she trembled as she tried in vain to remember.