~Chapter 11~

AN: Hello, beautiful people! I am back again with more goodies! I'm happy to say this chapter is my longest so far, YAY! It contains a lot of different stuff, I hope you enjoy it. :)

Thanks again for reading, guys. This hamster really appreciates it.

Ohh, and in case I haven't spammed you enough, here's another pic of Zachary (David Gandy), hehe. Peace out,

Fearsome Hamster

"He seems to have had sudden internal bleeding, quite surprising given that he was seen shouting his lungs away just moments before fainting. I could hear him from my cabinet," the middle aged doctor remarked thoughtfully while checking Uncle Ray's vitals once more.

"But, sir, will he recover?" Margo fretfully twisted her fingers. Looking at her fallen friend lying on the crisp white single bed of the medical quarters, still unconscious with his too big tattered clothes dwarfing him, Uncle Ray seemed so fragile. So very breakable. She resisted the watery burning behind her eyes. She had to be strong for her old friend.

"Definite predictions are hard to tell in such cases, Miss." The man ended his consultation and slid his gaze to the concerned girl. "But it seems our Ray over here has a lucky heart, whatever shock caused him this ceased just in time before fatal damage could be inflicted to the organism. The drugs I gave him should take effect and accelerate the healing process."

He then proceded to enumerate a long list of recommended medicine amd pills that made Margo's head spin. Nevertheless, she wrote them down carefully, making it a point in the future to procure them as soon as possible.

"Don't worry, Miss. High chances are he will wake up in a couple of hours with nothing more than a nasty head ache," The doctor's brown eyes were warm, empathy for his patients obvious. Margo smiled back.

It was good to know there were still some people compassionate of others' suffering in this incoherent world. Unlike the stubborn man currently waiting outside the cabinet. She could swear Frost was just not capable of showing others basic human emotions besides his infuriating arrogance. At least not when it came to her. In her case, he was the most emotionally unstable man she had ever met.

Closing the doctor's door, the young woman met Frost's impatient stare.

She had a feeling he was not used to being ordered to wait. Still he had listened to her. Moreover, he was the one to dutifully carry Uncle Ray to the doctor. Margo could definitely not achieve this feat alone and for that she was grateful for his help today.

"I should probably stay here and wait till he wakes up. You can leave, you do not have to remain as well," said Margo.

"I am your betrothed, I cannot leave you here alone unprotected. The doctor himself said it might take hours for him to wake up" he muttered sullenly. How could he hear this? The physician's voice had been like a sandy lull, a bit hard to distinguish even close to him.

"Besides, you are tired after this whole ordeal," he surprised her by gently smoothing away the worry creases appearing on her forehead. She forgot how touch feely Zachary could be at times. "I will accompany you home and take care of the rest."

"But, Uncle Ray needs-," the girl fought to speak to the overbearing beast.

"I will be here for him when he wakes. I shall wait in your stead."

"And what about Madame Percy? I still need to notify her about this and I am quite sure she will not be pleased."

He grinned. "While you were inside, I took the liberty to go back to the inn and talk to her. She most accomodating to close her tavern for today."