~Chapter 22~

AN: Hello, beautiful people! Hope all is good with my readers!

Above, the lovely AprilFitts and Njoying_Being_A_Girl made me each a cover. Let's give them a round of applause for the awesomeness they created. They are not only super wattpad friends, but writers as well, make sure to check out their novels. :)

And finally, the moment we have all waited for. That *cough* scene *cough*. For my innocent minded readers this chapter is for you. For those who wish to be corrupted, the next chapter is all yours, i.e. ~Chapter 22~ (Mature): this one is private, so you'll have to follow me, add the book again in your library, in order to read it. You can unfollow me afterwards. :p

Fearsome Hamster

EDIT: The private version will be available on my profile in a different book. I have made this change for the Wattys as they do not allow private chapters. ;( Chances tend to zero that HCR will qualify, but it's worth a shot. 

Margo exhaled a stuttering breath of air as she entered the chambers Zachary had arranged for both of them in his manour. She slowly closed the door behind her, taking a moment to look across the space she would soon call her own.

Our own. She rapidly corrected herself, the weigth of the ruby ring on her finger yet unfamiliar.

The suite was veiled in a gentle darkness, only the flickering flame of the scented candles casting light over the room lazily. Yet, despite the shadows dancing over the tapestry walls, Margo could still observe the detail put into the lavish decorations. From the heavy velvety curtains, the cedar wood vanity, the elegant paintings, to the very crystal chandelier hanging above her head, nothing had been done with half measure. So typical of him.

The silence dominating around the chamber was broken by her hesitant steps on the creeking floor. Margo headed to the obscenely immense bed eclipsing everything around it - it was entirely too big, its dimensions exceeding anything she had ever slept in. But, Zachary was a huge man after all, towering over anyone in his company and making her feel like a kitten next to a lion. An image of the dangerous exotic feline lovingly rubbing its long mane on a small mewing cat popped in her mind. She could feel a blush beginninng to stain her cheeks. He must need a lot of space to stretch those long limbs of his.

Nevertheless, she highly doubted he had only sleep on his mind when he had chosen this bed for their shared chambers.

She blinked, her stomach making sommersaults. Where did that thought come from? Nana's embarrasing long talks had finally taken their toll on her apparently.

She reached out to touch the silky coverlet, marveling at the decadent material. It felt sublime. Bare skin rubbing against equally bare skin would create exquisite friction against it. Or so her secret stash of scandalous books had claimed. Her fingertips retracted from the bed, again surprised by her train of thoughts.

A set of strong arms encircled her waist then, pulling her flush against a steady body. Margo jumped.

"Are the chambers to your liking, Ms Frost?" A warm head was resting on her left shoulder, his hot breath tickling her neck. No sound had announced Zachary's arrival, until his gruff voice sliced the silence in the suite. How long had he been watching her?

She turned in his embrace, facing the amethyst gaze of her husband.

"It's lovely."

Margo traced his jaw, noting with delight how he unconsciously leaned into her touch. Her digits continued their lazy journey on his face, smoothing out any wrinkles. Zachary had been oddly tame after the wedding ceremony, behaving like an examplary gentleman in front of her relatives and even allowing Mr. Frodo and a couple of distant cousins of hers to invite her for a waltz during the reception party. Admittedly, he had then danced with her the entire evening, not letting her out of his sight afterwards. But, still, Margo was proud of the tight restraint he had shown over his possessive nature. He was making progress, though a small part of the needy beast she had first seen him as that night in the cemetery would inevitably always be part of him. Tying the knot had calmed him to a certain extent, slightly assuaging all those wild instincts brewing inside of him.