Chapter 3

I do apologize in advance for any gramatical or spelling errors. Thanks to all who are supporting and if you can vote or leave a comment, the feedback is very important to me and i will try to fix them.

Enjoy!!!!!

Photo of Eric

************************************************************************************************************

I sat in silence for what seemed like a lifetime, crying, reading and listening, not exactly knowing what I was listening for, but the silence was a surprising comfort. No unwanted noise, no calls to answer or people to talk to. For the first time in so long I sat quietly.

"I am here." I heard a voice say as plain as day, and I looked around frantically to see who on earth had just spoken when my cell phone rang.

"Hello" I answered with a tremble to my voice.

"Hey babe I am outside, is everything ok, you sound a bit shaky?"

"No, I'm fine, give me a minute I will be right..." he suddenly cut me off.

"Forget it babe, I see Chris walking up now, see you in a bit."

"OK," I said then hung up, still glancing around the room to see if I was hallucinating or something.

As I entered the living room I heard Chris and Eric talking. Eric was asking him how I was doing and if he had heard any word yet about Kate.

"Eric I told you already I am fine, just worried about my best friend is all. And would you stop badgering poor Chris!"

Chris just smiled and told me it was fine, and that if he were my boyfriend he would be asking the same questions as well. Eric then handed me a bag, which had some clothes that he brought from his house.

"I stopped by my apartment when I was done wrapping things up; I figured you could use some change of clothes."

"Thanks hon," I said reaching up to take the bag from him. "Will you guys give me a few minutes, I'll go change." They both nodded as I walked back down the hall to the guest bedroom. I quickly changed, folded Chris' clothing and left them on the bed, then headed back out to the living room to join the guys.

Hours past and we just sat around making idle chit chat, not wanting to think the worst because it was almost a full day and still no good news on Kate. I had even called the station to find out what was going on.

It's funny, it was now Friday night and this is normally when Kate and I went to dinner just the two of us, it was kind of a tradition between us, no matter how hectic our week was or if we got to spend much time together or not, that was our girls' night.

We never really went out on a Thursday, but Kate wanted to celebrate some case her firm had won, even if it was just for a couple of hours, we didn't have to be at work until 11am the next day so I consented to go, I had asked Eric if he wanted to come along but he had some files to look over and an early morning presentation so he couldn't make it.

I can assure you that Thursday night will be one I would never forget.

I thanked Chris for all that he had done, but I had decided to go and stay with Eric for the weekend. We said our goodbyes and before you knew it I was in the passenger seat, headed for Eric's apartment.

I really have to remember to talk to Chris about my experience with the Bible I found in the guest room. I knew Chris was a Christian and he often times talked to me about God but I never really said much. I respected Chris and didn't want to be rude so I would just listen whenever he broached the subject.