Chapter 5

It was as if I was frozen, I couldn't believe what I was hearing and seeing. The door bell rang again and I was finally able to get to my feet, I collected the money and opened the door. I thanked the delivery guy and carried the food back to the kitchen all the while my thoughts going a mile a minute.

I quickly hurried back to the living room so I could hear what the guy would say next, he then got down on his knees and asked the viewers to close their eyes and open their hearts to the prayer he was about to deliver.

"Heavenly Father" he began, "I come in the name of your son Jesus asking for forgiveness, forgive us all for not listening to your still small voice and accepting you, forgive us for not being thankful for the sacrifice you made when you died on Calvary's cross"

I sat there with my eyes closed and tears streaming down my face, I knew about Christ, I knew of His death on the cross to save me from my sins but I never really knew Him, never had a personal relationship with the guy and for that I felt utterly and entirely guilty.

"Please Lord give us the strength to accept our weaknesses and know that in you we are strong, with you the darkest hour shall be made light, give us the strength this day to accept you fully in to our hearts and lives, in Jesus name we ask Amen."

When he ended his prayer and rose and asked us to allow Christ in I had made up my mind, I would give this Christ thing my best shot, but where do I even begin. At that moment Eric walked into the room, when he came around the sofa and saw my tear streaked face he rushed to my side.

'Baby what's wrong, is everything ok, what happened?" he bombarded me with questions and as I turned to face him I said blankly, "I think I just accepted Jesus into my life."

He looked at me confused like I had just said something as trivial as I wanted a puppy.

"Babe, why do you think that?" he asked a little stiffly.

"Well I was just watching this program and a guy just prayed and asked us to allow Christ into our hearts and I believe I did that.

A smile spread across his face, "honey I am not a Christian or anything but I think it's a little more to it than that, don't you?"

"I really don't know, I mean I went to church with my mom and brother when I was younger, but it never really interested me, so I guess I wasn't paying attention on the whole process." Now I was beginning to get confused.

"Come on sweet pea, I think you have had a long stressful day and probably just need some rest, things will straighten its self out eventually, on the Jesus matter I mean."

And just like that the conversation was over, I didn't push any further because I knew he wasn't the right person to talk to about the matter, at that point I decided I needed to get a hold of Chris.

I had tried calling him at least three times today already and left one message, but I wasn't getting him, where could that guy be?

The night rolled in pretty quickly and we were both getting ready for bed, the longest weekend of my life was over and I had to return to work in the morning, I was an Executive at a marketing company and everything that needed to be approved went through me, I had landed a job at the company right out of college and worked my way up, I was great at my job and loved everything about it, the atmosphere, the people even my boss who was a pretty good friend too, not many people can say that so I was lucky.

I had just walked out of the bathroom, where I had changed into my sleeping attire when I heard my phone ringing, I quickly glanced at the clock and saw it was 10:30 pm, I wondered who it was, I hustled over to the night stand and picked it up looking at the caller ID, I immediately flipped it open.