Chapter 16

I heard someone calling my name but it sounded so far away, I was dazed and confused and had no clue where I was. The first thing I remembered was feeling really cold, then the smell, oh my goodness that smell hit me like a ton of breaks.

It smelled like human waste mixed with a damp moldy odor. It was so repulsive I thought I was going to throw up.

"Simone wake up sweetie, you have to wake up."

That voice, it sounded like...like Kate's, but how could that be; I had to be dreaming or something. I really wish I could hurry up and wake up this dream felt so real. I felt my body begin to shake lightly. I knew I was cold but I then realized that I wasn't shaking on my own. Someone was shaking me, but who on earth could that be.

"Ugh" I said putting my hand to my head, I have a headache and it felt like someone was constantly hammering in my head. I could feel the blood vessels throbbing in my ear.

I blinked rapidly trying to get a grip on what was taking place around me; the light was bright so I reflectively placed my hand over my eyes for a little while.

Why was I lying on the floor, this made no sense, but then my memories flooded back to me, I was in bed, thanking God for giving me a chance, for bringing my mom back into my life, I had drifted off to sleep only to be awaken by that guy who was with Patrick the last night I saw Kate. The same one who hit her so hard she was tossed across a room.

I instantly sat up, but a little too quickly, I felt dizzy.

"Take it easy Simone, you were drugged."

I turned my head in the direction of the voice and my jaw dropped. I was staring at my best friend Kate, well the person resembled Kate, this girl was dirty and so very thin, she had dark circles under her eyes and her cheeks were sunken and she was very pale.

I gasped, "Kate is that you?"

"Yes, it's me Simone, if I knew you were coming by I would have dressed for the occasion." She smiled that all too knowing smile and I knew it was her. She was alive I knew she was. God promised me she would be.

"That was a terrible joke." I said sternly then reached up and threw my arms around her, I began crying. "Oh Kate, I have missed you so much I thought I was never going to see you again."

I felt her wrap her arms around my waist and she too began crying, "I am so sorry Simone, I never meant to put you through all of this. Please forgive me?"

"Oh Kate, I am just so happy to see you, nothing else matters."

We cried and hugged for a long time and then we moved away from the entrance of the cave and braced against the cold wall and talked about what happened to her.

She told me of when she finally came to, which was a few days later, and how she wasn't eating properly because she didn't trust anyone but Patrick. She told me of his plan to get her out and now that I am here we would escape together.

She told me about the reason she was in the mess to begin with and kept apologizing all the way through the conversation. She was sorry she got me involved and she felt so stupid that she even got involved with drugs in the first place.

I was told she did it because she didn't want to burden me or her parents with any more responsibilities, which were her own. She knew we would willingly help her but she wanted to pull her own weight. Now she wishes she had come to us to begin with.

Then it was my turn, I spoke to her about how afraid I was, about the guys chasing me that night. Me running to Chris' house and then staying with Eric for a few days until it was ok for me to go back to the Condo.

Nothing Lasts ForeverOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara