Chapter 17

• Dedicated to Koya A. Millet

I am dedicating this chapter to a good friend who has been in my life for ages, and has always stayed in contact no matter how far she is from me. Thanks girl!!!!

************************************************************************************************************

Chris

I arrived at Simone's building and there were swarms of police cars on the street. "What the heck!"

I looked over at Lily who seemed as surprised as I was with all the police presence. I glanced around and saw my friend walking away from the rest of the officers, he then pulled out a phone and in a few seconds, mine began to ring.

"Hi Eddie"

"Oh hey, how did you know it was me?"

"Well I am looking at you for starters." Eddie then began looking around the area until his eyes landed on me, I nodded my head at him then we both hung up.

He proceeded towards my car and when he was almost there I stepped out. "Hey what's with all the police cars, did something happen? Did you find the person driving the car?"

"Well yes and no, after I got off the phone with you and had sent the officers over to check out the place, I checked the footage for the last few days and early this morning around 12:55 am, I saw a big burly looking guy leaving the back entrance of the building carrying a woman."

I started to panic at this point, my heart went into over drive and I felt really weak, I stumbled back a little but was thankful that I was standing near my car, which I then grabbed for some support.

"The woman, who was she? Could you tell from the video?"

"Well at first we were not too sure who the person was, but since this was the building she was being carried out of, I headed straight over here, I gave the description to the door man and he confirmed that it was Simone Marshall."

"No!" I all but yelled, so where is she now, tell me that you guys found the car and have found her as well?"

I felt a small hand touch my shoulder and another took hold of my hand, when I glanced down, Lily was standing beside me and gave me a supportive smile.

"It will be alright Chris, I am sure that the officers will find her soon."

She said that with such confidence and assurance I almost believed her but I wasn't sure if she was right. I wanted desperately to believe every word out of her mouth but with all the facts running through my head. Kate missing for nearly two weeks, Simone finding the drugs, the mysterious car, now this; I was not sure of the outcome.

"Chris I don't mean to worry you even more but there is something else."

"Oh dear Lord what now?"

"Well after we confirmed who the woman was, we asked to be taken to her Condo, when we got there, the placed had been ransacked, it's like they were looking for something, do you have an idea what that could be?"

I thought for a moment, knowing Simone she wouldn't get involved with anything suspicious then it hit me.

"Well yes I think I do, as you know her best friend Kate who she shares the Condo with went missing after the two of them went to that club belonging to Mr. Smith. After the whole getting chased thing and not finding Kate happened Simone was staying with her boyfriend Eric for a little while. She recently went back and while she was in Kate's room she found a few small bags of cocaine. I came to pick her up and we turned it into the precinct downtown."

"Oh I see, well that's what they were looking for, since it wasn't there, that was probably why they took Simone, to find out what she did with it. Listen I have some guys tracking more footage of the car. We hope to track it down and soon."