Chapter 27 ~ Part 2

I guess I wanted everyone to get the emotions of all those involved and this will be the first and only tine you will get Eric's POV since I felt it was important. Happy reading and comment/vote I look forward to hearing from you guys.

****************************************************************************

Patrick

I glanced down at Kate who was still standing next to me and I saw the brightest smile on her face as she took in the sight of her best friend standing in the door way.

"Am I interrupting something?" Simone asked with a sly smile on her face, I didn't answer because I really didn't know what to say.

I mean I wanted to kiss Kate but I am not sure if she felt the same and I didn't want her to feel uncomfortable around me and stop coming to see me before I am discharged, I don't know if I could handle that.

Kate then looked back at me and smiled and that made me feel a whole lot better, she wasn't mad and maybe she cared about me too, I mean we had a moment just now and although I could be mad that Simone interrupted, I was glad she was here because Kate wouldn't have to worry any more.

I sat back down on the bed and Simone took a few more steps into the room, Kate then went over to her and hugged her tightly, "where have you been, everyone has been worried sick?"

"I know, I got your message, and I am so sorry but I have to do this, I know you are busy right now so maybe we can talk later, after you told me you were here I wanted to come."

I had positioned myself better on the bed and was able to relax a lot more, I was getting stronger but from all the blood I had lost, I was still weak and a little off balanced, I looked over at the two ladies and saw that Simone was watching me.

"How are you doing Patrick, I have been so busy and in and out of town that I have not been able to stop by to see you, that was the main reason I wanted to come here, to thank you for risking your life to save us both."

"Oh come on Simone, you don't have to thank me, I am just sorry that any of it had to happen and I wish I could have done more to stop it in the first place."

"Well you tried and we are both grateful for your efforts none the less."

Kate was now smiling brightly at me and it warmed my heart, she looked so happy and beautiful, if I never saw her again, which I hope wasn't the case, the look on her face right now would be engraved in my heart always.

"Ok ladies I know you both have a lot to talk about and I thank you both for coming to see me, but I think I need to get some rest now, I am feeling really tired, maybe they worked me too hard during therapy."

"Oh, alright then, are you sure you don't want me to stay longer I could catch up with Simone later on."

"I am sure, your best friend needs you, I need to rest and you have church in the evening, so go on, I will be fine."

I gave her my biggest smile and then waved good bye as they proceeded to leave the room.

I wasn't really tired but I knew that Kate missed her friend and it sounded like Simone had a lot on her mind, so I let her go, although I felt very empty right now, I knew it was the right thing to do.

I then leaned over and picked up the Bible that Kate had gotten for me, I have been reading it daily, sometimes for hours at a time, the stories are fascinating and the love and strength I see in Jesus makes me want to get to know him better.