Chapter 12

Love you guys for voting, thanks to all who have been reading and I hope you get just as inspired by it as I am from writing it.

God Bless guys, enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*********************************************************

I decided to work through lunch, there was a lot going on and if I sat and had time to think about it, I was going to go insane. I quickly pulled my phone out and text Chris letting him know that I couldn't make it for lunch but I would call him later.

Two weeks ago my life was perfect; I had a great home, a wonderful best friend to share it with, a loving boyfriend and an incredible job. Flash forward to now and my life was in chaos, my best friend was missing, she was also either using or selling drugs, my boyfriend cheated and now I was feeling as though I was being watched.

I figured the safest place at the moment for me to be was in my office doing something I love doing; working. I looked through the entire proposals that lay on my desk and was trying to decide which was going to work and which ones weren't whether or not I should call a meeting to expand on some of these ideas or wait on more proposals.

We had a big campaign coming up and needed new and fresh ideas, I would have to organize either a photo shoot or a video shoot based on which of the ideas I chose. I would also have to contact different media outlets and try to get the word out; also think of other promotional ideas to get the target audience and community involved.

My job was challenging and that was why I liked it, there was never a dull moment and things never stayed the same, they were constantly evolving and that is what made me love it all the more. I also had to stay in tune with what was hot and what wasn't.

I had been so engrossed with reading all the papers on my desk and had sorted them into three piles, yes, no and maybe; that I had not realized someone was standing in my office until they cleared their throat.

I felt like my heart had leaped out of my chest and landed on the desk when my eyes stared back into my boss' warm grey ones. He was a slightly balding man, tall slender stature with a bubbly face and a warm heart. He took pride in his company because he had taken it over from his father and he treated all his employees with respect and was like a father figure to us all, especially me.

"I am sorry that I scared you Simone." He said while smiling warmly at me.

Finally taking my hand away from my chest where it flew to when I jumped, "it's ok Victor, I have just been a little jumpy lately."

"Oh my dear, I am so insensitive, of course you have, how are you doing with everything, any word yet on Kate?"

Victor knew Kate well, a lot of people in the office did because she was always stopping by and they all liked her, she was that kind of person, wherever she went she made fast friends.

"Unfortunately, no I have not heard any news and frankly the longer she stays missing the more I worry that I will never see her again." I stopped, then thinking about my dream and the fact that Jesus told me that I would see her again, but was it just that, a dream.

He approached my desk and took a seat in the chair across from me, "I really do hope we get word of some good news soon, my prayers are with you my dear."

It was strange in all the years I have known Victor, his wife and their children I never once heard him say anything about God or church but then I remembered that we live in a society where when politics or religion are mentioned it becomes a touchy subject.

Rather than mentioning the fact that he never told me he believed in God I took a different approach, "thank you sir, I really do appreciate that and I could use all the prayers I can get at this time."