Epilogue

It's finally here and I have never been so happy and sad to write these words. Happy because it has been a crazy ride and now it's over, but sad because I am saying bye to some characters that are a part of me. I hope that you found joy, inspiration and the love of God in this story, God Bless you all.

*****************************************************************************

9 Years Later

As I sit on this beautiful beach in the Caribbean on an Island called Antigua & Barbuda, I am in awe of the beauty it bestows. The crystal clear water, porcelain white sand, the right amount of coconut trees to provide shade and the gentleness of the breeze that continually sends the smell of the fresh salty water into my nostrils tantalizing my senses, I see God.

He is the creator of all this beauty and he simply painted a masterpiece when he blessed this beach.

Turning my head I smile at Kate and my mom on my right then I turn left to see that my sister-in-law has her eyes closed and is sleeping peacefully.

"Mom did you ever imagine us all being together like this again?" Keeping my voice low so I would not disturb Angela's rest, she truly needed it.

"Well that was sudden, but yes, but although I didn't imagine it, I did pray for it." My mom responded as she took hold of my hand and gave it a tiny squeeze.

"Ok then, I would like to personally thank you for always praying for me, eight years is a long time to keep one's faith alive with no indication that anything will ever happen."

"Sweetheart, Proverbs 22:6 says:"

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old he will not depart from it.

"You grew up knowing who God was; it was always imbedded in you, besides if it took twenty years I would have still kept praying for you."

"Thanks mom, I love you so much and I am glad we are a family again."

"You are most welcome my child, and so am I."

Kate cleared her throat, "so now that all of that is settled are you ready for your big day tomorrow?"

"Feeling neglected over there are we, but I most definitely am girl, I am overjoyed."

**********************************

The next day everything rushed by much like a world wind, and then it was time.

I had tears in my eyes as I gripped my brother's hand tightly, I was insanely happy and a little overwhelmed to tell the truth.

"Take it easy there Sis; there is no need to break my arm; besides this isn't your first rodeo."

"I am so sorry." I said this while relaxing my grip on his arm.

We continued to walk while the music played. When I reached to the front the man I love took my hand and smiled lovingly at me.

"You look absolutely beautiful."

"Thank you and you look incredible as usual." I said beaming up at him.

We were renewing our vows and I felt extremely blessed to be standing here celebrating our eight year anniversary. Eight was an important number to me because it took me that long to find God again, to reconnect to my family and be a whole person once more.

"I have been in love with you from the first moment I laid eyes on you. You are my best friend, my confidant, the mother of our two beautiful children and the absolute love of my life. I thank God everyday for blessing me with you. I love you Simone."

Then it was my turn and I was so emotional by the words that just left his lips I nearly cried.

"I have given God praise each morning I awake in your arms and thanked him every night that I go to bed with you beside me. You are an amazing man, father and husband. I find the strength and faith you show in the face of trials, helps me to get through so much more than I could on my own. I Love you now and forever and thank you for doing this all over again Christopher."

All our friends and family started clapping the moment we kissed, when we parted and I looked around the room at all the love I had in my life, I began to cry again.

Kate and Patrick had been married for six years now with a beautiful little girl; she waited for him to serve his time in jail which was only six months, followed by two years probation; since he had given many details that brought down the infamous Mr. Smith and gave him a life sentence the court was lenient and his time was significantly reduced.

My brother and his wife Angela now had four wonderful children and another on the way. They seemed to be a baby making factory, but they were happy and in love and I truly adored all my nieces and nephews.

My mom was happy for us and had also remarried. After my dad died I thought she was never going to find that kind of happiness again, I was glad I was wrong.

I still keep in touch with Eric who is now married and has a son. I praise God that he gave me the strength to follow my heart because I have never been happier. Had I stayed with Eric I am not sure our relationship would have survived the fact that the same woman he cheated on me with was the one to give him his first born child.

I still pray for him to find Christ but I am thankful that he has started going to church with his wife who is now pregnant, I wish them nothing but good.

I was happier now than I have ever been, I am not saying that life since finding Christ has been a bed of roses on the contrary we have ups and downs just like anyone else. But the trials I face help to strengthen my faith in God. It builds my character and shapes me into being more like Christ and less like a sinful human being.

I am not perfect, far from it and I will still make mistakes but knowing that no matter what I do or where I go God loves me unconditionally and made the ultimate sacrifice for me is enough to make me try harder to make it into heaven one day.

I head over to our table with Chris still holding on to me and watch as my son and his little sister play and I remember when I was a child and the way I played with my brother. I just pray that Michael nor Mali would never know how it feels to be separated from God like I was so many years ago.

"I love you Sisi and always will." I looked over at my husband who just seemed to have gotten even more wonderful and handsome as the years past and beamed up at him.

"And I love you Chris and that will never change by the grace of God."

"Mommy, mommy come dance with me." My daughter was yelling from the middle of the dance floor and we both got up and joined in the celebration. Life isn't perfect but it's absolutely wonderful and I am thankful for all the blessings I do have in my life.

Most importantly besides praying, I also take comfort in the Bible and the scriptures which refuels my spirit and remembering Psalm 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. What would I do today without God's guidance and where would I be, well if I had followed my head then miserable and unhappy.

I closed my eyes while my husband twirled me around on the dance floor, thank you God for your love, grace and mercy and most of all for my family.

******************************************************************

I look forward to hearing from you guys on what you think and if you have the chance, don't forget to vote!!!!! Peace and Love to all