Chapter 15

Kate

I sat in the cage with this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach, something felt terribly wrong. I wasn't sleeping much, and I decided to eat whenever Patrick brought me food not the others. He had returned and I was happy to see his face; for some reason I knew I could trust him.

He came to me yesterday and told me the reason he was not around for a while was because he was assigned to watch Simone but he thinks he had successfully convinced Mr. Smith that she knew nothing and that being there would only jeopardize them.

I was relieved when he told me that they were leaving her alone, he also told me that Mr. Smith had planned on selling me to this human trafficker who sold girls into prostitution, my heart all but jumped out my chest. He quickly reassured me that he wouldn't let that happen.

He was working on a plan to break me out, he knew he would have to leave after, but he didn't like a lot of the things Mr. Smith was doing and it seemed to be getting worst. I wasn't sure what a big deal it was for him to make this decision but I was grateful, it seemed that God had heard my prayers.

He told me that there was suppose to be some big party at the club all day into the night and most of guys guarding this place would be there, that's when he planned on getting me out. I guess that is why I couldn't sleep, I was anxious about this whole thing.

I sat there thinking of my family and friends and seeing them all again, finally being able to shower and sleep in my own bed and actually going to church. I mean other than the one time when I was a kid I have never set foot back in a church but I got this sense that God was real and He was looking out for me.

How else could I explain praying and then the next night Patrick having a change of heart and telling me he was going to help me escape. It had to be God; I was going to see the ones I loved again.

I was startled out of my thoughts when the light was turned on, I looked up hoping it was Patrick but my jaw dropped open at the site before me. My body tensed and I felt a heat rising up, I was angry and worried and scared. I never thought it possible to feel so much at one time until this very moment.

A guy walked in carrying Simone's limp body and Nick was close behind with a smirk on his face, he must have seen the anger on mine because he moved his hand slowly to his waist so that my eyes could follow and placed it on his gun, "don't do anything stupid Kate or this won't end pretty."

He then came over to the cage door, "get back!" he shouted at me as if I was deaf or something. He was never very nice to anyone as I recall, I was thankful that he was not the one carrying Simone. The guy stepped into the cage and placed her on the ground. I sat there staring at her not knowing if she was alright.

I knew she was alive I saw her chest moving up and down, so they must have drugged her or something, then I heard a door slam. I jumped and when I glanced around the room I realized they were gone. They had also left the light on.

I moved hurriedly over to my best friend and lifted her head cradling it in my lap; a tear ran down my cheek and landed onto her forehead. "Oh Simone what have I done to you?"

I began stroking her hair and then I looked up to the roof, "God, when I said I wanted to see my loved ones again I didn't mean like this, please help us oh God; Simone doesn't deserve to be here."

I didn't know what else to do; I had felt guilty before, but now seeing my best friend lying here knowing that it was my fault that she was in the mess I felt a pain in my chest. I would never forgive myself if anything else happened to her.

I really hoped that Patrick would be able to help us both, but in order for her to escape with us she had to wake up; there was no way I would leave her here. Oh she had to wake up and soon.