Chapter 22

OK so we are coming close to the end and I have a few ideas on how I want to end the story, keep the feedback coming and give me more ideas please.

Do enjoy, and vote, comment please!!!!!!!!!!

***************************************************************************

Kate

After talking things over with Chris I felt relatively better but I still had this nagging feeling like I was not completely safe. I was even contemplating getting a gun for protection and taking shooting lessons.

I didn't want to be helpless any longer and I needed something to make me feel in control again but I still wasn't sure about the gun thing, I was never a fan of them and watching Patrick get shot was the image I kept replaying in my head.

What if I got the gun and accidently hurt someone I loved, I mean crazier things have happened but I seemed to be a magnet for trouble these days.

But then while Chris and I were talking I got this urge to ask him to pray for me. Maybe I needed the power of something bigger than myself to fight my battles instead of taking things into my own hands; I mean that is how I got into this whole mess in the first place, by doing things on my own.

After Chris had finished praying I decided to ask him if he didn't mind me tagging along with him to church, he had been inviting me for a while now and I wasn't ready to be around too many people but now I think I needed to go.

He seemed so happy when I asked him and immediately said yes, we then made plans for him to come and get me tomorrow morning early.

After he left I sat quietly thinking about my life and how great it was until I messed it all up, I was always an outgoing happy person. But since being held hostage I had practically become an introvert.

Thankfully my boss was understanding and told me to take a month off and if I needed any therapy I could use the company's Psychologist. This seemed so generous of him and I truly appreciated his concern.

The one thing that was missing from my life before this whole mater took place was that I had no special someone in my life. I mean I had dated a lot but no one seemed to be right for me, I was really picky and couldn't quite put my finger on what wasn't quite right about these men, they were good looking, successful, nice and some were downright sweet but they didn't appeal to me.

I decided that I had wasted enough time sitting around, so I quickly got to my feet and headed to my room, when I walked into my closet I had so many choices but I wanted to wear something that was conservative but not stuffy.

I found a green dress with black trimmings; it was a little wavy at the bottom, knee high and it showed off my curves without sticking to my body like I was on display. It had a square neck line, with elbow length sleeves. I paired it with my black manolo blahniks and a black clutch. I gave the dress a light steam press and then decided I would watch some television before going to bed.

I knew Simone was coming in the morning and I couldn't wait, I wondered if she was going to come to church with us or if she was going to be too tired, but either way once she got here I was going to be happy, that is until she left again then I would be alone in this house once more.

I decided that there was no point in me sitting here worrying so I called it a night and headed to bed. I prayed for sleep to consume me so that I no longer had to think, I also hoped that Patrick was doing alright and that he wasn't in too much pain.

Then finally my mind gave into how tired body felt and I drifted off to sleep.

**********************