Chapter 4

Thanks to all who became fans and who have been reading, I am sorry for the long delay, I will try to post as often as possible but I have recently moved and have papers to write for classes so it's been a hectic week to say the least.

Enjoy!

************************************************************************************************************

Saturday flew by and I was pretty much in a daze the whole day after having that strange but remarkable dream. I was not sure on whether to believe in the experience or not but I was more certain than I had ever been since everything had happen that I would see Kate again. We made a few calls that day, to the police and other friends finding out if by chance they saw her, but still no word. I couldn't reach Chris so I left a message letting him know I really needed to talk to him.

First it was the voice thing in his house and now the dream, Eric wasn't the religious type so I couldn't very well talk to him about it, besides he might think I was losing my mind. For what it's worth I wasn't too sure that I wasn't going crazy after the traumatic experience I had, anything was possible!

I am now in the kitchen on this bright Sunday morning watching Eric as he does the dishes, I cooked breakfast so he took up dish duty, and although he looked absolutely gorgeous standing there with a fitted T-shirt and cargo pants, my mind was definitely someplace else.

"Hello, anyone home?" Eric was waving his hand in front of my face trying desperately to get my attention.

"Huh" was my only reply, I had not even realized that he had finishing the dishes and had his keys in the other hand ready to go.

"Earth to Simone, come in Simone, over." He chuckled as I looked at him blankly.

"I'm sorry babe, did you say something?"

"Well my love I was asking you if you were sure you wanted to go visit Kate's parents today, I am sure the police have already contacted them."

"Yeah I'm sure and I know they called them, but I was always close to them and they have been trying to reach me, I would rather see them in person." I rose from the table and put my sweater on; the weather was a bit chilly today.

"OK, as long as you're sure you can handle this right now, I will be right there with you."

I smiled up at him, reached up and placed my hands gently on his face bringing him closer to my level; I looked deeply into his eyes. "I know you will be and that's why I love you." I tip toed and kissed him lightly on the lips, while he placed his hands on my waist.

He then took my hand in his and led me out the front door. As we walked hand in hand I couldn't help but notice how tall and majestic he looked, while still being able to be gentle and comforting.

We took the hour drive to the suburbs where Kate's parents lived and as Eric pulled up to the curb right in front of the house my heart skipped a beat and I felt butterflies in my stomach, I was really nervous.

I mean her parents were really wonderful people but I didn't know how they were feeling, how they would react, would they blame me for leaving her alone like I had blamed myself, I shuddered, then took a deep breath and opened the car door.

The few steps I took from the curb to the front of the house felt like the longest walk I had ever taken, still Eric never left my side and held my hand firmly in his. He then reached up and rang the door bell.

The door flew open and Mrs. Redding rushed out and threw her arms around me, I was in such shock that I stood there frozen.

"How are you doing dear?" she asked while still embracing me.