Chapter 14

Thanks to all those who continue to read, vote and comment, I appreciate it.

************************************************************************

Chris

I was so happy that Simone came to church today, but I was completely floored when I opened my eyes from praying and saw her standing up at the front of the alter being hugged and kissed by my friends from the church.

God truly works in mysterious ways and although I pray for all my friends daily I can't make the decision for them and seeing her up there touched my heart. My heart went out to her and I hadn't realized that my feet started moving until I was standing beside her.

This was all new to her and I couldn't let her feel like she was going through it alone, I would be there for her no matter what. Besides I really believed that God placed me in her life for this exact purpose.

At first I wasn't sure why but now I see the bigger picture, sometimes we just have to sit back, do our part and let God do the rest. I admit when she first came into my life I thought it was for us to be together.

Then she and Eric got together and I tried to put all my feelings aside and be a true friend. This is why as I sit here, watching her ignore his calls I know I had to tell her to talk to him. It was killing me but if she and Eric were going to end it, it would not be because of anything I did or said.

I would first be her friend and if they did break up that doesn't mean she and I would end up together, I mean I loved her but that doesn't mean she felt anyway shape or form close to what I was feeling.

But us just hanging out and talking, after sharing that experience made me feel that much closer to her and that was going to have to be enough. She looked radiant, I mean she was always beautiful but she had this glow about her and I could see she felt at peace.

"You know Chris; I am actually looking forward to talking to my mom." Her words broke into my thoughts and I smiled up at her, I wasn't sure but I think I was staring.

"I am glad that you feel so confident, and it will bring you closer to your family again" I was starting to feel a little self conscious so I stood up and went into the kitchen for a glass of water.

I really hoped she didn't notice me just staring at her, but she was acting pretty normal so I dismissed the thought.

"Well it's been years since we spoke and feeling like I was never good enough always plagued my thoughts. I never felt worthy of her love, plus I felt like an outcast. But God is truly good."

"All the time Sisi, all the time He is good." I walked back into the room and sat back down on the couch. We had ate and talked all afternoon into the early evening and it felt great spending time together.

"Listen Simone, I don't mean to spoil your mood,"

"Well then don't Chris." She cut me off before I could finish saying what I wanted.

"You don't even know what I was going to say woman." I cocked my head to the side trying to read her emotions, which I had a knack for doing.

"Oh yes I do and I am sure it has something to do with he who shall not be named right now, you're not the only one who can read people you know." This time she smiled and I knew she wasn't angry, maybe a little tired of the whole situation and from the day's events.

"Well I am going to say this anyways, when you call 'him' tomorrow, (I made sure not to call Eric's name) just relax and listen, talk it out, try not to get to upset, I know it might be easier said than done but if you get upset and start getting emotional you guys may not be able to work things out."