Chapter 13

I want to thank all the readers, fans and those who vote, it means so much and I am glad you are enjoying. Much love God Bless!!!!!!

by the way the song on the side is amazing and i absolutely looooovvvvveeee it.

***********************************************************************************************************

I awoke to the sound of my alarm ringing in my ears and I slowly leaned over to the night stand to shut it off. It was 6:30 am and I wanted to take my time getting ready rather than rushing around and being late.

I climbed out of bed and made it up, then made my way to the kitchen, scrambled eggs, with a side of fruit were on the menu this morning and of course a nice chilled glass of OJ.

I sat down and ate quietly letting the thoughts in my head engulf me. I was home, eating and had no idea where Kate was, if she was hurt, scared, hungry or worse; dead.

I quickly dispelled the thought of her being dead because in my dream or whatever it was, I was told not to worry and that I would see her again.

People often times tell you not to worry but it is human nature to worry and think of the worse case scenario. I wasn't a pessimist or anything like that, but I was a realist and I liked to have all the facts on the table.

Looking at things from different viewpoints means you were prepared for whatever life was going to throw at you and I was always prepared.

Well, given last week's episode maybe not always but generally. I thought about Kate's parents and how devastated they would be if she was never to return.

I had chosen not to inform them of the drugs I found, I wasn't sure what her reasoning was for having them but I wasn't about to tarnish her image, in the event that it was all some big misunderstanding. I wasn't sure how it could be but I was trying to be positive.

I cleared the table, washed my dishes then headed back to my room to go shower. The house felt so empty without her here. Whatever was going on I would forgive her, she was my best friend and one of the only people to be there for me since I left home.

I climbed out of the shower and decided I would blow dry my hair straight for a change. That took me nearly half an hour but it was worth it. I got dressed and grabbed everything that I needed then proceeded to leave. On my way out the door I picked up a light jacket since early mornings tend to be a little brisk.

It was now 8:40 am and I was on time. When I got off the elevator I could already see Chris' car in the front of the building through the glass doors. I waved hello to the door man and left.

"Good morning Sisi, you look amazing."

"Why thank you sir, you are most kind, and you're looking very sharp yourself."

Chris was wearing a light grey tux, with a pale pink shirt, no tie, he left the top button undone and had his hair slick back. He looked absolutely incredible. We even matched oddly enough; I guess we were in sync somehow.

"Were you peering into my window last night when I took out my suit?" He asked with a big grin on his face which meant he realized that we were coordinated as well.

"I could ask you the same question Mr."

We both laughed about it while we drove, he told me a little more about the church, some of the people the pastor and how dynamic he was.

I had not been back in church since leaving home at eighteen to go to college, other than the little service Chris took me too. So I was nervous, I didn't want to do or say the wrong thing. I wondered if people would stare at me, plus going to church on a Saturday was a whole new experience for me.