Chapter 21

Shout out to all my readers, fans and friends who have been supporting, I have made a few errors the past few days and deleted my chapters and all my lovely comments, hopefully by the time this is posted I would have gotten them back, fingers crossed.

****************************************************************************

It is Friday morning and I am sitting in my hotel room relaxing, I had had a busy week with all the conferences I attended and other programs I had to be involved in. I even had to give a presentation on behalf of my own company.

The conference was now over because some of the companies that were to be in attendance didn't make it. So we were able to wrap things up early. I was scheduled to fly back home tomorrow morning, spend two days there then back on a plane with Chris to go visit my family in Connecticut.

But as for today I have the rest of it to myself so I will be doing a little sightseeing and relaxing, maybe I will even get a massage to drive away all the stress I have had the past month.

I had constantly called Kate to be sure she was doing alright; I kept in touch with both her parents and Chris to be sure she wasn't hiding things from me. I knew she had gone through a lot and I wanted to be sure she would be alright.

Chris had told me that he had invited her to church several times but she said she wasn't up to being around too many people, so I told him to give her some space and one day she will be up to it.

All I could do from my end for the time being was pray for my best friend and ask the dear Lord to comfort her during this time. I had to admit when we had first been found and got back into our daily lives I was a bit paranoid but the Lord put peace in my heart and things turned around for me after a few days.

But now I had other things on my mind, not only was I going to see me mother after all these years but I also had to figure out what I was going to do about my feelings for Chris and decide if my relationship was going to continue with Eric.

I mean we all make mistakes; I was not going to judge him after abandoning my own family all these years and never really looking back. But in a sense this was different, the trust I had in him was broken and I was no longer that confident in our relationship either.

I sometimes blamed myself because had I not pushed him into the church thing this might not have happened but then I thought maybe no matter what I did or didn't do, it would have happened sooner or later. I was so confused and didn't know which way was up or down with us.

On the other hand I had constant thoughts of Chris; I had fun with him, felt safe around him, he made me laugh when I felt like crying and he knew me better than I knew myself. I considered him one of my best friends and didn't want to jeopardize that friendship but I was beginning to feel as though I had to tell him how I felt. Not only because I was on the verge of imploding but also because I was used to telling him everything and life is too short.

I could have died a few weeks ago and would not have had the chance to tell him how I felt, so I was more or less thinking it was time to confess and move forward.

I decided it made no sense sitting in this room, so I would go for a walk to clear my head and just as I got to my feet my cell rang.

Checking the id my heart felt like it did a summer salt, a smile spread across my face and I sat back down while answering the call.

"Hello"

"Hey Sisi, how is the conference going?"

"It went well; we ended up wrapping things up early so I have the day to myself."