Chapter 7

First off thanks again to all those who have been reading, who became fans, I do hope this story is as inspiring and intriguing to you as it is too me.

Ok I would love it if you guys would vote, and please leave feedback I know I may not be the greatest writer in the world so the more feedback I get the more improvements I can make, plus tell me what you guys would like to see too.

**********************************************************************************************************

I was standing outside of Eric's building fuming I mean you could literally see the steam rising off the top of my head. I was waiting for Chris to come pick me up so we could head over to his church for the prayer service and after the fight I had with Eric I was really going to need spiritual strength to stop me from straggling him.

As I stood there waiting with my arms folded across my chest and an unpleasant look on my face, which I figured I had from the way people were walking by and staring at me, my mind drifted back to earlier in the afternoon.

Of course I got so busy with work and completely forgot to ask Eric the same night I had planned to, which was Monday so when he came to pick me up from work today I told him about it, he went silent and his body became rigid; you would think I told him I had cheated on him or something.

I saw his reaction and decided to give him his space, well at least until we got in the house, after we were settled I broached the subject about if he would come with me, "so will you come?"

I was really nervous for some reason, I could normally talk to him about anything but seeing his earlier reaction I was a little tense, can you blame me.

"Listen I don't umm, maybe it's not, what I am trying to say." He paused and I was no longer tense, I was now beginning to get agitated.

"Eric, will you just say what's on your mind." I raised one eyebrow and placed my hand on my hip.

"Look Simone, I don't want to go to church with you!" he practically shouted, while running his hands through his hair and lowering his gaze from mine.

"Can I ask why not" I said quietly, I wasn't looking for a fight I just wanted to know his reason for not wanting to come, it's not like I was asking him to join the church or get baptized I just wanted him there for support.

"What difference does it make, I am a grown man and I don't want to go." Still with his voice quite a few octaves above mine, why was he acting so rude and unreasonable?

"Well for a guy who claims to be a grown man, you sure are doing a fine job of acting like a child." He had worked on my nerves and now I was becoming defensive, because he was yelling at me.

And then we both were in a screaming match, me calling him a baby and him telling me I was rude and selfish. Selfish, me, was he serious, I had no idea where this was all coming from and I didn't feel the need to stand there and be insulted.

I had decided that I was going with or without him and afterwards I was going home, to my home. I missed my bed, my space and sadly I missed Kate who wouldn't be there but I was hoping she would be home soon enough.

So now I am waiting for Chris and it may seem like a long time but I was actually early, I didn't want to spend another moment in that apartment, so I showered quickly, got dressed and left, I decided not to pack anything because then he would know where I was going and would try to stop me.

I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I had not noticed Chris was right next to me until he put his arm around my shoulder, too which I flinched and he apologized for startling me.