Chapter 24

I am dedicating this chapter to my mom, as well as all mothers out there, who have been, and continue to be there for their children. Being a parent is not an easy job and although we expect you guys to be perfect, you do make mistakes but you're love for us is never ending.

If it were not for my mother, I would not be doing so many of the things I have been doing or have done in my life, so for that, I say, thanks mom and I love you very much

On another note, it also seems that we have quite a few favorites for Chris poor Eric, no one loves you hon, lol. Still not sure what I will do yet but I am being persuaded.

**************************************************************************

I sat in the airport waiting to board the plane and I was still in shock. Chris seemed a little worried about me but he probably figured I was just nervous about going home after such a long time. I wanted to tell him but I didn't know how to bring it up.

Chris kept making small talk and this is the first time since I have known him that talking to him seemed, awkward. After a while he just stopped talking and we spent the rest of the time in the airport in silence.

We finally boarded and I instantly I felt at ease because I was finally going home; home that was a wonderful thing to say after all these years. I was still a bit anxious but it was a wonderful feeling and although I wasn't saying much to Chris I was glad he was here with me.

I was also glad to be leaving in a way, leaving the stress and answers behind, at least for a couple of weeks.

After an hour had passed I was relaxed enough to have a smooth conversation with Chris, who just seemed happy that I was back to my old self. We spoke about my home and my family and how much I have missed them.

I told him that although I had left, I didn't regret my decision because I believed I was where I was meant to be in life. My job was amazing, I loved my Condo, I had wonderful friends and most importantly I had found God again, or was it He that found me, whichever way you say it, I was happy with my life.

Maybe not every part of my life, like the kidnapping and the Eric situation but I was a strong believer in things happening for a reason mainly because I knew now more than ever that I was not the creator of my own destiny, God had a plan for me and He always did.

I was just honored to be accepting it this time around and not running away. The plane ride was only a few hours long and although I was tired I was too anxious to sleep, so talking seemed to do the trick.

When we landed, I rented a car and we packed our bags in and were on our way. It was strange sitting in a car with Chris and him not driving, I had my license and enough money to buy a car, and I guess I just never did. Besides; I kind of liked Chris coming to get me every once in a while.

I drove the familiar streets around the area, and was amazed at how little things changed. I passed by my old high school to show Chris, which now that I was looking at it seemed, so much smaller.

We drove through the town and I was so emotional about the atmosphere and the people, it was like nothing had changed and I had never left. I was not sure if I was getting teary eyed or if I seemed sad but Chris took my free hand and squeezed it gently.

I started the car back up and turned in the direction to my home, I finally pulled up in front of the familiar light pink two story house, I looked up at the balcony and remembered coming home from school some days and seeing my mother sitting there working on her lap top, I glanced down at the garden off to the side and remembered her out there some Saturday morning gardening and watering the flowers.