Chapter 5:30 A.M: New Family (Part.2)

Thanks for reading !
__   __   __   __   __   __   __

This awkward feeling of touching a gun again. I didn't miss it. At all. I had never thought I was going to use it after getting out of jail. I would've preferred to avoid that. Why are we going to do that ? Take a life for bullshit. Yes, that's all it is. We're going to kill a man because he didn't pay for a thing that is illegal. If the situation was not that serious, I would be laughing right now. But who are we to take a life away ?

In this wild jungle that we call life, or you're a winner or a loser. And everybody can't be a winner. To be on the top, you have to trounce people, that you like it or not. You have to be the strongest. The strongest among the numerous lions. We are the lions. Kings of jungle. Predators without heart.

I took a deep breath. "Are you okay ? " Trey asked me concerned. I nodded my head up and down without answering. I couldn't speak. I was nervous and...scared. It's been a long time since I did this. And it's not a simple thing to do. Kill someone it's not easy. You have to be confident, to be able not  to pay attention to your conscious -mainly when you are about to shoot- and not to have regrets after the act. Never. "You know, you can go home if you're not ready yet. I know it's been a long time, you're not used to it anymore." He added looking ahead. What made us friends is our similar personalities. Trey and I are big thinkers.

I shook my head. "No, I'm okay. And plus it'll be over quickly." I said grabbing the steering wheel. I took another deep breath as Shaq and Sean came back in the car with us. "So ? " Trey asked turning around. "He's not here. He went to walk towards the park." Shaq responded putting his black beanie on his head. We did the same and I started the engine. Arrived in front the park, we looked for the man. Nobody was there since it was two in the morning, but then we saw a tall man walking. It was him...with his daughter.

"Damn...We ca..we can't do that." Sean said behind me. I cut the motor. We all sighed annoyed and we suddenly felt bad. We can't kill a man when he's with his child. The little girl was laughing enjoying her alone time with her dad. We could tell that she was a daddy's girl. The bond between them was visible. She was looking at her father with so much admiration. He was her hero. Her super daddy. "We are not monsters...well, not at this point." Shaq said and we nodded our heads agree with him.

"Yeah, but what about the money ? " Trey asked looking at us. We shrugged our shoulders in union. "We'll find a solution later." And with that said I drove away. 

***************************************

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME ? YOU DIDN'T KILL HIM ? WHY ? " Brian yelled throwing a chair on the wall. I had to move a little or the chair would've hit me. We rolled our eyes  unimpressed by his behavior. "We couldn't do it. He was with his daughter." Sean answered calm. Now, we were at the apartment. The four of us were sitting on the couch comfortably and Brian was pacing back and forth like a crazy man.

"We don't fucking care, man ! You should've killed the bitch too and nobody would've never known what would be happened tonight ! " Did I really hear him ? Did he really say that ? Am I losing my mind ? Is it the end of the world ? Who is this man ?