Chapter 10 A.M : We should talk about it.

[ One Year Later ] 

"I can't believe we're finally done with that." Trey said giving me the keys. I nodded my head and looked one more time the old building. I was happy that we took this decision. Everything was better like that. It was not good what we were doing. Always being scared to be locked in a cell, being paranoid for no reason and to deal with all the problems the street was bringing on the table. No, it wasn't a life. Yes, we finally ”broke up” with the street. We did it before she got us. We did it before to end like Brian. 

With all he had done, we decided to give him a lesson, so we set him up. Now, it's been a bit more than five months that he got arrested and is in jail. We cooperated with the cops by telling them everything. Of course, we made it seem like it was only Brian's fault. We played the victims and they believed us. Idiots ! Brian was upset when he found out. But it was already too late for him. Anyways, he'll stay in there during fifty years. Of course, we were present in the court and we testified against him. 

He was becoming a serious problem and was getting crazier and crazier. He was out of control, so we had to do something. We were tired of all his bullshits and plus he was starting to ruin what we worked hard for. Spending our money for his shit, stealing drugs in our stocks, killing people for no reason, it was too much. Someone needed to stop him before he destroyed us. We took everything that was on the severals bank accounts we owned. We gave everybody their share and we took ours. Before to betray Brian, we made some plans for the future, because we needed something to keep going. Once we were sure about what we wanted, we made a plan to send him in jail.

Once he was taken there, we emptied all our warehouses , letting no traces. Now, it seems like we had never been there and everybody began a new and legal life. Well, that's what I was hoping. The deal we had with the cops for not being in the same occasion as Brian was to tell them everything we knew about all the drug dealers. We let them know about those who were our enemies and we covered up for the others making them believe that we knew nothing. 

"Yeah, it's unbelievable, but we'll be fine." I said reassuring him. Each one got in his own car and we left. I didn't know what he was about to do, but I was going to visit Walter. I bought some flowers at first and then continued until the cemetery. 

Unfortunately, Walter didn't live until I fell in love, because that had not happened, yet. He died in jail. They didn't tell me the real reasons, but I thought that it was because he was tired. He needed to leave and he left in peace. It happened three months ago and still today, I can't believe it. I really wanted to get him out of there before the death came to take him. 

I stayed there talking to him for one hour and left. I always feel like there is a hole in my heart when I come to see him. I had not cried when I found out, but I had never stopped to be sad.

I paused the car and closed my eyes, to think. I replayed the last events in my mind, shaking my head. Everything went so fast. These past months were crazy. And A LOT had changed.