Chapter 6

Chapter 6

It was about an hour later when a nervous yet proud looking bird flew over to me. "Did you find him?" I asked the bird who nodded.

"The man's in Forks. There's a house in the woods there. He lives with a woman, man and 4 other teenagers. They're all vampires miss. There was also a human girl around there but its obvious she doesn't live there however she seems to spend a lot of time around the house." The bird- well chirped.

"Thank you and pass that on to any birds who helped if you run across them." I replied to the bird before turning back to a rather confused son of Hades.

"There's a small town called Forks, near Seattle, anyway there's a covern of vegetarians there. Three 'teenage' males, two 'teenage' females, an older male and an older female. There's also a human teenager who is there often, probably one of the vampires mates." I told him and he nodded perhaps a little confused.

It took us two days to reach Forks since we couldn't really fly. Neither Nico or I wanted to risk it. Eventually though we passed the green 'Welcome to Forks' sign though as the sky began to turn dark. "Thank you." I said suddenly breaking the silence which was on the border between comfortable and uncomfortable.

"What for?" He asked me.

"Coming with me. It was nice having company even if I did want to kill you." I replied.

"It didn't seem to bother you much." Nico said referring to the part where I want to kill him.

"I've always been good at controlling and hiding my emotions. Blood lust is just another emotion." I told him as we walked through the streets. I could already faintly see an entrance to the woods in Forks but that could just be because of my eyesight.

"Oh." He replied sounding a little unsure what to say.

"It's more annoying than anything. It's not like I'm suddenly going to attack you, I'm not exactly a suicidal vampire." I said before we lapsed into silence. Occasionally a car would pass us but apart from that the streets we walked through were silent. Eventually we reached a turn off point in a road which lead into the woods. I stopped just before walking down the path and actually focused on the scents around us.

The most prominent scent was definitely the scent of the son of Hades blood but I could definitely smell the sweet scent of vampire. Seven vampires to be exact. Just like the bird said. Deciding it would be safer if I changed my eye colour to gold, so they don't jump to conclusions, I did so. "There are always more vampires." Nico said almost reassuringly and I nodded. I took an unnecessary breath before heading down the path with Nico following.

It took almost five minutes just to walk down the path. At the end there was a seemingly timeless beautiful house. Outside the house a man, who looked like some sort of movie star in his late twenties, stood on the small amount of wooden decking. Both Nico and I pulled to a halt about a hundred metres away from the house.

The man paused for a second before walking down the three steps and over to us so we were standing about five metres apart. "Hello. I'm Carlisle Cullen." The man said his liquid butterscotch eyes assessing us curiously and he frowned when he sensed Nico's heartbeat.

"Hello Carlisle. I'm Arabelle." I replied to the man politely. Out of instinct my eyes briefly assessed everything.

"Nico di Angelo." Nico said reluctantly and perhaps a little coldly but it didn't bother the vampire. Definitely not a people person but then again he is a child of Hades and Hades isn't exactly the most sociable of people either. Yes I've met Hades if you couldn't tell by that. It's a very long story.

"What do I owe the pleasure of your arrival?" He asked me probably because I was the vampire.

"It's complicated and I would prefer it if there weren't six more vampires listening in on the conversation one of which is telling a human everything we say." I told him and he nodded quickly masking his surprise. I could hear movement inside the house and a minute later there was nobody inside the house or around the property.

"They're gone." He told me and I nodded.

"I can tell." I replied. Carlisle then gestured for us to follow him inside the timeless house.

"If you don't mind me asking how many days have you been..." Carlisle trailed off unsure on wether Nico knew of the existence of vampires since it's technically against the law to tell a human of our existence. It's probably a good job he's not fully human.

"I woke up two and a half days ago." I replied and let my eye colour change back to its current colour of bright red with gold and silver speckles in them.

"H-how?" He asked looking over to Nico.

"A lot of self control."